Wednesday, November 28, 2007

AmeriKKKa the Beautiful


I was asked at work today why I spell America with 3 K'S instead of the "right" way. I was asked if I associated our government with the KKK. I was asked if I was a racist. I was asked all this by a white dude that reads my blog on the regular. Well, his first 2 questions I was prepared for. His third... well I had to think about that one for a minute.
I am going to answer his 3 questions. Except I am going to start with the last one first.
1. No I am not a racist. Being a racist is ignorant. Not liking someone just because they look different from you or talk different from you or put their drawers on different from you is pure ignorance. I am not an ignorant man. I can get stupid if I have to, but I am far from being ignorant.
There are a lot of things in this country that I do not like. There are a lot of people in this country that I do not like. Black people, White people, Hispanic people. But the reason I don't like these certain individuals has nothing to do with their race. I do not judge a whole ethnic group of people for the actions of one dumb-ass individual.(More Ignorance) It has to do with their character, who they are as human beings. I would be lying if I said I don't see race, because I do. My excuse for that is I only do what my country has taught me to do. My Country has made my race an issue. My Country has made my race a determining factor when it comes to jobs, housing, education,voting, law enforcement, even walking down the street. My Country decided that my skin color (i.e. my race) was a bad thing, I had no voice in any of that. I am not a racist, but I believe My Country is. However, I believe that if anyone walking the earth has a right to be a racist, it is the African American. (But hate kills, and I am not ready to die). All we ever wanted, (correction... all we want), is to be treated fairly. All we want is to be accepted as the beautiful people that we know we are. Not black people, just plain 'ole people.
And for that we are hated.
Go figure.
2. Do I associate my government with the KKK?
Uhhh.... let me think.... Yeah!!!
I believe all of these Ignorant-ass hate and fear spreading groups call themselves "Patriots". They call themselves "God fearing Americans". When I look at pictures of the people running our government, making our laws, deciding what we see on T.V., all I see are these "Patriots". When I hear someone say that some guy is an "All American Boy," I know they are not talking about me, or someone who is dark like me. They are talking about the blond haired, blue eyed guy next to me. When I hear someone talking about the "All American City" they are not talking about Harlem, South East DC, South Philly or even South Dallas. They are talking about the lily white suburbs.
I believe the KKK was started by a group of "patriots" that felt that blacks and every other non white group of people was trying to take over and destroy their country that was given to them by their God. Isn't that the reasoning behind our so called war on Terror? They want to change our way of life? They want to destroy our country by taking away our freedoms? Doesn't that sound a lot like what the KKK was saying when they were lynching black men on the town square?
HMMM....If it quacks like a duck and walks like a duck, what the hell is it?
3. Why do I spell America with 3 k's?
Well, I call it like I see it. My country has had it's foot on Black People's necks (Asian Necks, Hispanic Necks) since this country was founded. This country has gotten to be the greatest country on the face of the earth because of Black People, Asian People, Hispanic People and White People. In other words, ALL of it's people. But all the accolades have only gone to the White People. No one ever sees the contributions that all the other races have made to make this country great. Where would America be without the contributions that it's minorities have made? If I go overseas, the people I encounter don't look at me as being a Black American, I am looked at as being an American. Only in the country of my birth is my skin color an issue.
So that is why I spell AmeriKKKa the way I do. That is why I talk the way I do, that is why I live the way I do.
So, (insert name of coworker here),
I hope that I have answered your questions to your satisfaction. If not, well... You must have been hoping for the "All American" answer, and this ain't it.

11 comments:

CresceNet said...

Oi, achei seu blog pelo google está bem interessante gostei desse post. Gostaria de falar sobre o CresceNet. O CresceNet é um provedor de internet discada que remunera seus usuários pelo tempo conectado. Exatamente isso que você leu, estão pagando para você conectar. O provedor paga 20 centavos por hora de conexão discada com ligação local para mais de 2100 cidades do Brasil. O CresceNet tem um acelerador de conexão, que deixa sua conexão até 10 vezes mais rápida. Quem utiliza banda larga pode lucrar também, basta se cadastrar no CresceNet e quando for dormir conectar por discada, é possível pagar a ADSL só com o dinheiro da discada. Nos horários de minuto único o gasto com telefone é mínimo e a remuneração do CresceNet generosa. Se você quiser linkar o Cresce.Net(www.provedorcrescenet.com) no seu blog eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. If is possible add the CresceNet(www.provedorcrescenet.com) in your blogroll, I thank. Good bye friend.

Dirty Red said...

Crescenet,
Although I can speak Spanish un poco, I can barely read it. Thanks for commenting though. I only caught a glimpse of what you were trying to say. Please translate.

David Sullivan said...

DR: That last poster was posting in Portuguese. It is bascially an ad. (I took 2 years of Portuguese in college.

One point that is missing about race in the US is that within the "white" community 50-100 years ago there was horrible acts of racism commited against Irish, Polish, Italian immigrants. There were clear distinctions between all ethnic groups until evryone assimilated by dumping their birth language and customs to conform to the norm, which was set by "Natives" who were living here since the Mayflower (or at least pretended to be of English/Yankee blood. Its is a good thing that Hispanics and Asians have not had to give up their culture and language as my grandparents had to do. As for the Blacks, there are fucked. They were brought here forcefully and made to assimilate, so there is always going to be underlying resentment.

The one common issue that should band together all racial and ethnic groups is the wide gap between the "haves" and "have nots" and the disappearance of the middle class.

The government and powers to be love when there is racial tension and unrest because it divides us so we can't focus on the fact that no matter where we live and who we pray to and how we look , we are all getting fucked by the powers to be.

Anonymous said...

This post is the best one iv'e read.This is why they fear us,hate us & will never respect us.They hate themselves.You my man are the true enemy of amerikkka,& intelligent black man that has a way with words & truth.

jjbrock said...

Great post, you have a way with words and you no how to express it keep up the good work.

Dirty Red said...

David Sullivan,
Thanks for correcting me. That damn sure looks like Spanish. I agree with you 100%. As long as some of us keep fighting amongst each other, we will never truly be Americans. It is nice to have a "white" perspective on my views. You always see your world better if you look through someone elses eyes. Keep stopping by my lil ole blog. I enjoy reading people's views about what I write.

Anon and JJBrock
Thank's for the love. I really appreciate it.

Dark & Stormy said...

Well said dirty red! Love your blog. #s 1 - 3 are part of the reasons why I used to get in trouble for refusing to recite the Pledge of Allegiance in grade school. As soon as I said "liberty and justice for all has never existed in this nation", I got detention. Lol...

Dirty Red said...

"liberty and justice for all has never existed in this nation",

Classic!! I have added you to my blogroll. I am digging your blog as well.

Anonymous said...

And they cant figure out why we are not patriotic,would you pledge allegiance to a flag that enslaved your people?KILLED SCORES OF NATIVE AMERICANS.only a fool would.

remorji said...

I'm digging your site and will try and spread the word. Keep writing with your heart while spell-checking with your brain.

Daddio911 said...

Well Red looks like I've definitely got to start stopping by more often. You are as eloquent as always and speaking from your heart, but you are as racist as hell.......it's just a different kind of racism. You see the world not as a passage of colors as much as a passage of ideas, demeanors, attitudes, personalities and beliefs. You, my brother,----notice I used the correct vernacular------, speak the truth of ignorance and stupidity. The problem with your passion is that your usage of "kkk" labels me in with the clan even though you know my thoughts. I as you know (and yes I know I'm quoting a movie) would "bleed on the flag to make sure the stripes stay red". Just as every country, nation and empire has done, the necks of the weak and the unnattached will be stepped on. "To the winner goes the spoils". The problem is, as I think Dave was getting to, is we as the black losers didn't get the opportunity to "fit in" or the respect to keep what mkes us.....us. Now here is the problem. How do we fit in with a system that, like the Brit's anger of the colonies, can not give up on the desire to stomp on our very ability to exist in happiness. We should fit in without ceasing or losing our identity, which most of us don't know about anyway. How do we do that? I fit in by blending where I can and scaring the hell out of the rest. Keep believing that there are really ignorant people in this world that deserve the label of clan officianado, just don't place it on everyone. Leave my country alone. Like my beliefs that there can be good and honest politicians, I don't think that the entire county is ignorant or racist........well maybe it is ignorant. They voted for Clinton twice.