Sunday, November 18, 2007

It is time for us to say "Man, you are own your own"
















Next month the self proclaimed "King of R&B" R. Kelly is going to be performing at the American Airlines Center here in Dallas. TI is facing serious Fed time over weapons violations. Michael "Wacko"Jackson is trying to make a comeback and 4 (count them 1, 2, 3, 4) big name rappers were in New York courts last week (all on the same day) to get arraigned on several charges a piece that could get them some serious jail time.
Now my problem is this....
When do we as a people stand up and stop defending these stupid ass Negros that do stupid shit and get caught? When do we as a people start distancing ourselves from these idiots? Why do we still give these fools the benefit of the doubt, hoping and praying that there could be some kind of racism involved? Why do we still treat these buffoons and clowns as role models?
I don't understand this madness.
R Kelly sexually assaults a 14 year old girl, urinates on her, (I saw the Tape. That is that Negro) and he still hasn't faced justice and he is still selling out concert venues across the country. Michael Jackson goes to trial on yet another child molestation charge, and black people still rush to defend him. TI's dumb ass gets caught buying MACHINE GUNS with SILENCERS, and our excuse for his stupidity is that he was set up because he is a young rich black man. 4 big name rappers: Busta Rhymes, Remy Ma, Lil Wayne and Ja Rule are in the same court on the same day to get arraigned on several charges of illegal behavior, and we say they are being targeted unfairly.
WTF?
Are these not grown ass people? The white man didn't force these fools to do any of the things they are accused of doing. When will we as a people wash our hands of all this negativity that our "role models and icons" put themselves into? When will we demand that idiots like these stand up and answer for their dumbness instead of rallying behind them under the false guise of racism?
Black professionals in this country are under a microscope, there is no question about that. But common sense tells me if I know someone is watching me, I need to walk a straight line when I am in a position to be seen. Common sense tells me to cut ties with any one that I know has a "I don't care" attitude. Common sense tells me that if I know I am doing something I don't need to be doing, either I do it by myself ( I will not snitch on myself) or I need to make sure there are no cameras around. Common sense tells me if I was a rapper, to not brag about all the triggers I have pulled or how much "endo" I smoke everyday.
We need to stop rewarding stupidity and negativity. We need to say enough is enough to these fools, and make them accountable for their actions. And we need to educate our kids that these idiots are not people they need to emulate.
But I have to admit that it is easy to sit here in my office, in my suburban home writing about what we as a people need to do. It is easy to put the blame on someone else when I am just as guilty of trying to give these idiots the benefit of the doubt. But the truth is I am tired of just talking. I am ready to start doing. Just because these people are young and black does not mean that we have to support them. So....
I pledge to start taking a more proactive stand when I am out in the community and I see something that I know is not right. I have already stopped some young brothers and explained to them the meaning behind the word "NIGGA", I have stopped a group of young boys and told them to pull their damn pants up, and I am taking more of an active role in my 7 year old nephews education since his biological father ain't worth a ripped, wet food stamp. My steps are small right now, but hopefully they will get bigger as time goes on.
So what are you going to do?
What steps are you taking to improve the state of mind in our communities?

4 comments:

brightstarr said...

I agree with you, but everyone deserves their day in court. Now in the case of R. Kelly this is a bit ridiculous. He's never going to court. Clearly we all know he's guilty as hell but his songs are just so damn catchy - but I can't help but cringe when I hear him on the radio these days.

DJ Black Adam said...

I feel you man, and agree with Brightstarr, Kels ain't going to see no jail time...unless Patrick Fitzgerald takes over the case...

Jazzylady said...

I JUST LOVVVVVVVVVVVE ME SOME RKELLY. But, I can't support the brother and never have. I used to listen to his music on the radio, but since I no longer listen to the radio I don't hear him. I simply cannot throw my support behind a known pedophile and refuse to do so. It's a shame with such great talent, but repeat offense of child rape is 95%...

Jazzylady said...

dirty red, in my last life I was a social worker, and I always thought that if I affected just one life for the better then I had done God's work, though I tried to affect as many as possible. As a positive young black man, the things that you do in your community and in your family will spread, and even if they don't just making the effort alone is what counts, because if you never make the effort you can never have an impact, now can you? Really, keep up the good work.