Sunday, December 30, 2007

10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1 Happy New Year!!!!!


Well another year has come and gone. My Grandma told me once that the older you get, the faster time flies.


Ain't that the damn truth?


I guess it is time for me to make some resolutions for the upcoming year.


So here goes my resolutions.


I would like to get to the gym more, because my midsection is not what it was a year ago. But we will have to see what my work schedule looks like. I would like to go back to school and work on my Masters this year, but again I have to see what my work schedule looks like. I also would like to finish the book I started to write 6 months ago. (I only have written maybe a half chapter so far), but again it depends on my work schedule.


If yall have not noticed a pattern in this post yet, I think maybe I should come on out with it. I pattern my whole life around my job, or trying to find another job that is better than my current job . (My current position is just that, a "job". Even though I have been doing it for the past 5 years. I really don't have a career. Yet.)


I still thank the lord up high every morning for my "job", because it is paying my bills, and keeping my head above water. But I feel that it is time for me to change directions. I am a very smart young man. I have been reading and writing since the tender age of 3, thanks to my moms starting me out early. I even skipped 1st grade and went straight to 2nd. So there is no limit to what I can accomplish if I am in the right situation. So far I don't think that I have been in the right situation. I have made a lot of very stupid mistakes that has kept me away from the right situation.
But hey, I might be smart,but I am also very human.


I have a few ideas on where I were I want to be. I have a few ideas on how I am going to get there. But as of this moment all I have are ideas.


My resolution for the upcoming year is not to get rich. I don't want to be rich. I would like to be comfortable. My resolution for this year is not to kill myself in the gym to get a body like a pro football player. I no longer have a 6 pack, but from the looks I get from the ladies every time I step out... well... let me stop right there. (I am still happily married. I love you Baby!!) Back on subject.


My resolution for this year does not include something outrageous like climbing Mt Everest, or sky diving, swimming the English Channel or bungee jumping off the Brooklyn Bridge.


My resolutions for 2008 are pretty simple.


I am going to try to be a better man. I am going to try to get that career that I deserve. I am going to try to limit the mistakes I make that are keeping the right doors locked that I need opened to start that career. I am going to try to enjoy the life that God has blessed me with, instead of bitching about the life that I wish I had. I also am going to start seeing the beauty of the world around me instead of focusing on the negatives.


I am also going to take the advice of Tina Turner and Maya Angelou, (see my sidebar on Inspirational Qoutes by Inspirational People).


All of my resolutions for this upcoming year are not that far fetched. I think I can accomplish everything I resolve to do in 2008.

But if I fail on something, there is always 2009.


God willing.


Happy New Year to all the people out there in the blog-o-sphere that read my thoughts.

I just hope that it is a Happy New Year, for the whole year.

3 comments:

Jazzylady said...

dirty red! Lol! I am so sorry for being all black and late! I know you had a joyous Christmas, at least I pray you did. That out of the way, Happy New Years! From the looks of it, if you only keep one of those resolutions you will be way ahead of the game. As for being a better man, I think you can take that one off the list. Aren't you mentoring a nephew? What could be better for a man to do than to look out for the little brothers in his life? Do just one of those things on your list and the others are sure to follow. Just remember, every wife has a cast iron skillet in her kitchen! Last but not least, dirty red, here's hoping you and yours have a blessed New Years!

brran1 said...

What up Dirty Red? Happy New Year man, I hope all goes well.

daddio911 said...

Okay, llike Jazzylady, I'm late in saying my piece, but I was out doing my resolutions and there is only so many hrs in the day. okay here it is.....This yr for my first resolution, I want to spend more quality ime with my boys doing that stuff that you see on the "Cosby Show and stuff". I know....lie is not a sitcom, but we can try to adopt some of the ideals and spend more time with the family. Accompaning this, I plan to read more to and with my boys and solidify in them my sense of imoortance attached to learning. My next resolution is to start my own blog before the end of this year. I write on this one preety frequently and just maybe I could start my own........maybe more pro republican concentrated. The last resolution is to truly research what I gonna do with my life. I'm not getting any younger and if I don't get started, life is going to pass me by. If I'm gonna be president........I gotta get my ass on the move.