Monday, December 10, 2007

Habla Espanol?


This shit here really pissed me off. Don't get me wrong this is not going to be a racial rant. This is going to be a political rant.
So brace yourselves....
The Rethuglicans hosted a debate on the Spanish T.V. network Uni vision the other night. There is nothing wrong with that. Spanish speaking people are rapidly becoming the majority. Their main topic was illegal immigration. Again nothing wrong with that. Illegal immigration is a very hot topic now a days. I guess the Rethuglicans felt they need to pander to the Hispanic population. Again, there is nothing wrong with that. In the immortal words of Too Short, "Get in Where You Fit In".
What got me upset with this whole Spanish Debate thing was this......
How many times have these assholes refused to address or even attend a debate , function, dinner, car-wash, or lemon aid stand that was sponsored by somebody black?
How many times has the NAACP, Congressional Black Caucus, Urban League and any other black themed organization asked these motherfuckers to come and sit down with them and talk about issues that concern Black Americans? How many times has the tired excuse of 'scheduling conflicts' been given?
But now all of a sudden these bastards can go on a network that is specifically targeted towards the Hispanic population and debate in a language that not one of these fake motherfuckers speak?
Am I the only one of the 36 million blacks in this country to get offended at that?
Where the majority of us (blacks)not born here?
Don't all of us speak English?
So what the fuck is the problem, Mit "I believe In Jesus" Romney?
Does my vote not count Rudy "Save the World from Terrorists" Giuliani?
What about you, Pastor Reverend Doctor Huckaby?
I guess that my vote is not important to you, huh, John "POW" McCain?
And you, Fred "Law and Order"Thompson, I actually liked you, but I guess I was getting your TV persona mixed up with the real you. Or was I?
But I guess my people have not been through enough in this country for all of you to realize that we are still here. Or is that the problem? We are still here. All 36 million of us. And we are not going anywhere.
So to all my brothers and sisters that vote Rethuglican.....
I really think you need to rethink your loyalties.
I am not endorsing the Dumocrats, but hey, at least they do talk a good game and put on a good show for those of us out here struggling in these fields.

8 comments:

Daddio911 said...

You have got to be kiddin' me..... you are actually surprised that my, as you put it, "Rethuligan" party bypassed----once again---- the black organizations to instead go pander to the hispanic ones. Really!?!?! Come on man. Damn. If the Black Caucus and NAACP would get its collective head out of its collective ass and actually try to do something to help people of color and not just try and improve the hype surrounding their ideas, maybe they would be considered more seriously and never be a venue that can be so easily overlooked. Not since Martin Luther King and the heyday of the Movement has there been a true collective purpose for the so-called black organiations. These fronts support a screwed up idea of trying to find support and respect from chasing every highly pubicized occurance they can find. What do the hispanicos do..... they help their people whenever and however they can. They COLLECTIVELY use their power and influence to change culture. If you want an example of this power.....try and deny housing for an illegal alien in Farmer's Branch. The "Revs"----Yeah I'm talking about Sharpton and Jackson----only want what's best for themselves, not the people......not me. If they spent a bit more time worrying about poverty in the inner city, black on black crime and the parental breakup of our black families, maybe they could make a difference and get some of the issues that we worry about taken care of. Maybe if they spent their press time speaking of ideas to seal the ever spreading divide instead of going after classless, shockjocks like Imus, they'd be able to make a difference. So the "F" what, they got Imus fired. Big freaking deal!!! He was on his last legs anyway. What have they done for our 35 million people? Imus got paid millions to sit on his ass while cutting a deal to go to another station. Thanks "Revs", my life is so damn much better because of this. Why do my "Rethuligans" ignore the black organizations? Because running into a brick wall is never fun. If the GOP thought for an instant that we wanted to help ourselves and not look for the Demotit, then they'd have no choice but to come a callin'. If the GOP thought that we were banded together, united with a central goal like the hispanicos, they'd have no choice but to bend over and take it dry. The last time I went to the store, my box of Fruity Pebbles had a damn sombrero on it and was written in english and spanish. The last time I called my bank, I had to push a damn button to "continue in english". It takes power and organization to do that. Where's our power??? It seems to me, it's too busy paying for an illigitimate child----thanks "Rev" Jackson----and getting a crusty ass shock jock fired--- thanks "Rev" Sharpton. My black brothers and sisters, get off your damn hands and stop giving your power to a band of disfunctional mouthpieces that only want what's best for themselves. Let's take a clue from the hispanicos and get with the one true message. Let's not stand behind someone because they are BLACK.......let's stand behind them because they are RIGHT and truly speak for all of us. Then my main man Red the "Rethuligans" can't help but say Happy Kwanza with a pick in their back pocket and some neckbone juice on their tie. Till then, learn spanish and you'll always understand what the moderator on Telemundo is asking the next president of this great country. Peace.....

Dirty Red said...

You know Daddio,
I was really trying to find something about your comment to disagree on, believe me when I tell you, but I can't. Everything that you said is true. We are going to have to talk more later.

Muze said...

cool blog.

brightstarr said...

NO further comment needed.

"Let's take a clue from the hispanicos and get with the one true message. Let's not stand behind someone because they are BLACK.......let's stand behind them because they are RIGHT and truly speak for all of us. Then my main man Red the "Rethuligans" can't help but say Happy Kwanza with a pick in their back pocket and some neckbone juice on their tie. "

daddio hit the nail on the effin head. Damn...

MysTery said...

Whoa. That's pretty interesting to say the least.

jjbrock said...

Daddio911 you make some good points but let's be real. What do you want the NAACP and The Black Caucus to do?

What did Rev Al and Jackson do that was not expected of them? May be the Repulican see the hispanic vote different than they see the black vote because they know that the hispanic will be the majority one day. And the black vote is on it's last leg.

Maybe there is nothing that can be done. If it is something to be done what are you going to do about it?

daddio911 said...

jjbrock you are right. I need to do something. I can no longer stand by and see the degredation continue. We are losing our focus and direction, our power and all the incentive necessary for us to be taken seriously. I can see myself making a two-fold approach talking to parents to help them make a decision to support the political party of their choice. The next step would be to help those young adults find their voice. You know what. You can help. Find that young person and drill into their head what it means to be a true American and what our votes mean. Make as many contacts as you can and teach them to care. That's how it starts. We, you and I, make the difference.

Jazzylady said...

I have seen the enemy, and they are us.