Thursday, April 17, 2008

It's time to sh-t or get off the pot


I watched some of the Democratic Debates last night, and I did not come away with a good feeling. I have posted about this before, but how many times can these two candidates debate about the same shit? If a person does not know by now who their candidate is, they are either slow, or they don't plan on voting. So what is the point of all these damn debates?

Has any of the issues that are affecting the average American changed?

Uhhh.. Let me see....

Gas Prices... Still threw the roof.... And Rising to the Moon.

Soldiers are still dying in Iraq.

People are still faced with the choice of getting their medications or food.

People are still getting kicked out of their homes.

Young Black men are still killing young Black men.

CEO'S of major corporations are still getting 7 and 8 figure bonuses while their companies are sending jobs to India and China.

Teens in High School are still dropping out of school at an alarming rate. ( I saw on the local news last night that DISD, Dallas Independent School District, is MISSING $52,000,000 from it's annual budget. They are reporting that some teachers will not get paid. How the hell can $52,000,000 come up missing?)

Do I need to continue?

But instead of using the hour that was slotted for this bullshit-ass mud slinging contest to address the above mentioned problems, one of the two leading candidates (Hill-Billy) spent 45 minutes last night throwing dirt on her opponent. While the other candidate (Big O) spent 45 minutes trying to wipe the dirt out of his eyes, nose and mouth.

Nothing of any substance was talked about until the last 20 or 30 minutes of the damn debate.

Question....

Do you really care what Big O said about rural America?

What about.. Are you sick and tired of hearing about Reverend Wright?

What is more important to you... A candidate (Big O) telling the truth about how people are feeling in places where jobs have disappeared and the cost of living has risen, or a candidate lying about her experience? And then when said candidate (Hill-Billy) gets fronted about her lie, all she can say is "I MIS-SPOKE"? What the hell is "MIS-SPOKE"? Is that even a damn word?

Naaa Bitch, you LIED!! What else have you lied about,huh, Mrs. "I MIS-SPOKE"?

I understand that politics is not a game for the weak hearted, but damn, since when did it become fashionable to publicly tell a bold-faced lie, get caught and then say fuck-it, either you like me or you don't?

And there are people who still support this woman? This is definitely a thing that makes you go HMMMM.

So in my opinion, if a person has not made up their mind by now on which Presidential candidate to support....

Well....

Last night's "debate" (I use that word loosely) probably did not make them get off the fence they are straddling.

Hill-Billy.... A proven Liar and a Power Freak.

Or Big O.... A breath of fresh air.. (once you filter out all the smoke and mirrors.)

Who will you choose?

10 comments:

Jazzylady said...

Dang, I wish something you've said would make me change my mind, dirty, I really do, but it hasn't. I just can't find the belief in this man the way others can, and I truly wish that I could. He's all the things you would want a black candidate to be, and yet he inspires nothing in me.

ZACK said...

I co-sign on jazzy lady: "He inspires nothing in me".

You are on the page as I am: "People are still getting kicked out of their homes.

Young Black men are still killing young Black men.

CEO'S of major corporations are still getting 7 and 8 figure bonuses while their companies are sending jobs to India and China."

GREAT POST! Welcome back after your weeklong blogcation.

EL PHILTHMOOR said...

IM HAVING A HARD TIME CONTIONOUSLY WATCH BARACK OBAMA ON THIS GRAND PEDESTAL AND STAGE WE PUT HIM ON AND HE WONT DELIVER WHAT IM TRYING TO HEAR A "BLACK CANDITATE" TALK ABOUT?? YEAH I FULLY UNDERSTAND HES TRYING TO BE THE COLORLESS DUDE BUT HOMIE THEY GOT DIFFERENT PLANS FOR YOU..THE CAT IS OUT THE BAG THEY KNOW HE'S BLACK AND KEEP REMINDING HIM OF THE FACT?? REVEREND WRIGHT DIDNT DECLARE JIHAD AGAINST THE USA HE JUST SAID SOME SHIT BLACK PEOPLE WITH EAR EYES AND A FUNCTIONING MOUTH CAN UNDERSTAND AND ITS NOT JUST ISOLATED TO BLACK PEOPLE?? SINCE WHEN DID GOING TO AFRICA AND GETTING DRESSED IN TRADITIONAL GARB BECOME QUESTIONABLE?? SINCE WHEN DID SAYING SMALL TOWN CRACKERS ARE GUN TOTING BIBLE HUGGING IMMIGRANT NIGGER HATING PRIDE OF AMERICA EVER BECOME OFFENSIVE?? THESE ARE SENTIMENTS SHARED WITH MANY YET AND STILL HE CONTINUES TO DANCE WITH THESE CLOWNS WHILE THE COUNTRY IS GOING DOWN THE FLUCKIN DRAIN?? NEGROES ARE DYING IN RECORD NUMBERS STILL!! JOBS ARE NON EXISTANT AND JAILS ARE BEING BUILT?? BUSH HAS ABOUT 20 EASY WAR CRIMES HES RED HANDED BUT NARE NIGGER WANNA MENTION THAT?? WE DONT EVEN COME UOPIN CONVERATIONS?? IVE RARELY HEARD OBAMA ADRESS OUR SITUATION TO THE WORLD?? IM NOT A HOPE KINDA GUY..JESSE SOLD NEGROES HOPE..THE POPE SOLD FAITH..AND THE GENIES SELLS THREE WISHES,,IM FROM THE GNOSIS KNOW THYSELF KINDA SHIT..I WANNA "KNOW" WHATS GONNA CHANGE NO MORE HOPIN TOO SHALLOW

Kieya said...

I know I'm not supporting her.


I don't know how I feel about him...still.


Elaine Brown pulled out of the race.


So I'm at a standstill. I'm just not sold on it...that and the fact that I'm a conspiracy theorist won't allow me to...

truth said...

Good post,
I can't mess with Hillary, there is no way that I'm going to vote for her. She has entitlement issues and will say anything to win.

Obama is not perfect, but I believe he is the best of the remaining candidates. My belief is no politician will save the Black community, we have to save ourselves.

Folk said...

As always, I have to vote for the person that will lie to me the least.

Obama is the least of the three evils in my mind at the moment. I'm not a supporter but unless McCain pull a VP worth considering than I guess I'll ride the O train.

SBTVD said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the SBTVD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://sbtvd.blogspot.com. A hug.

ShazzerB said...

Its a shame that I am learning more from youtube videos and silly jingles than the debates. Corny as they are, atleast the vids get straight to the point on campaign issues.

Read how Hip Hop is trying to tackle issues in the '08 campaign in Michael Arceneaux's article, "Don't Get Out The Vote. Na'Mean?" at newsone.com

http://www.newsone.com/article/dont-get-out-the-vote--namean

Mad Hatter said...

Your right about a persons choice at this time, if they don't know who they are supporting, something must be wrong with them, im not voting for anyone this years they all suck to me. Whoever wins I will just have to put up with their shit, like every other president.

chocolate_matters said...

mis-spoke...don't you love how white people like to play on word just like when they say a corporate person embezzled money but a person of color stole money. It means the same thing!!!!

You do realize young black men killing young black men is not the topic everyone agrees is important. They could care less about our next generation.

How can 52mil be missing, easily the superintendents, lawyers, contractors working for the school could have sto-ooops I mean embezzled that money.

Yes, I am one of those who has not decided who to back in this election and I probably never will, sad to say.