Friday, June 20, 2008

Gay people have the right to be misarable just like everyone else


This was a historic week here in the Good ole US of A.

Well, it was a historic week in California.
Gay people can now get married in the Golden State!!

Hoorah!

Somebody please wake me up and tell me that this is a dream.

I never thought I would see the day here in this country with all the "Jesus freaks" in Congress, that 2 people that happen to be of the same sex and that happen to love one another, could publicly and legally share their love with the world for all to see.

I mean everyone knows that marriage is supposed to be between a man and a woman.
Ain't that what the bible says?

Was this Great country not founded on what the Bible says?

Does "In God We Trust" ring any bells with anyone?

Americans all believe that marriage is sacred, right?

I mean if our "leaders" did not think that Marriage is sacred, would Congress allow T.V. shows like The Bachelor, Who wants to marry a millionaire, The Flavor of Love or the new show that came on tonight, Swing Town?

If our "leaders" thought that marriage was so sacred would Congress allow so many divorces every year?

If our "leaders" are so against Gay Love, why have they not put a stop to all the Catholic Priests that have been caught molesting little boys?

I mean they can put a stop to steroids in baseball, but they cannot stop something that goes against the very grain of what this great country was founded on?

I am a firm believer in the Bible. I believe in God with everything I am. I also believe that a person (or country)should not compromise it's beliefs for anyone or anything.
How can you take anyone or (any country) seriously that constantly shows the world how hypocritical it is?

I have no problem with Gay people getting married. They deserve all the happiness that everyone else in the world takes for granted. I cannot judge anyone, God is the only and the final Judge. I know what I believe and what I will allow in my life, and I refuse to compromise what I believe and what I hold dear. But this is only me. When my time comes to account for all my sins, I will only be held accountable for my sins, not my neighbors sins.

So I hope that every couple that exchanged vows this past week has a lasting and love filled marriage.

Besides, the way the world is now a days, a person should take any type of love and happiness they can get.

That being said, I personally think that my country should grow a pair and either change the constitution all together to fit today's world, or live by what they say they hold so sacred.

2 comments:

jjbrock said...

I am with you on this one. I too believe in the Bible version of marriage therefore, I have no other opinion about it.

Kieya said...

Sacred doesn't seem to be a viable word in America anymore. But since America's on this progress tip, they may want to tackle something a lil harder...like the education system & fixing it.