Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Lawdy Lawdy look who turned.... 100!!

This is my 100th post.

Hooray for me!!

100 posts!!

It doesn't seem like I have been doing this for almost a year, but I have. I love doing this. I love writing. I love expressing myself in this form and sharing it with the world. I have always liked writing, but I never thought I would enjoy it as much as I do. I think I am very good at it. I am in the process of trying to get paid for my God Given talent by trying to pursue a career in writing.
I have started to pen a little something something, and it is coming along rather nicely. At least that is what the chosen few in my family that I have given a preview of my yet untitled book have told me.

Anyways....

I have a list of people that I would like to thank for encouraging me to pursue this blog and my book....

First, My family, particularly my Uncle Larry. He gets on me every now and then and tells me that I need to tone it down a little, but he encourages me to keep doing what I am doing. He tells me how proud he is of me and all that mushy stuff.

Next I got to send a shout out to The Godfather of all Black Bloggers, The Field Negro.
He is the one that pointed me in the right direction in how to start this little 'ole blog.
He told me what to do and how to do it. He was the first person to leave a comment on my blog.I have never met the man, but I admire him and I respect his views.

I would also like to thank the following fellow bloggers for supporting my blog and encouraging me to keep going when some of my posts never get any comments. (hint hint)..

Mrs. Jazzy at Urban Hang Suite
Truth at the Enclave Lion
JJ Brock at the Old Black Church
Sully at Sulls Blog
Zack at Chicago Zack
Folk at Black Folks Don't Swim.

I can depend on all these fine writers to leave a comment or suggestion on most of my posts. They always either give me constructive criticism or they give me praise for a post well written. I really appreciate that. Criticism is how we learn what not to do, and everyone needs a pat on the back every now and then.

And to all the other bloggers whose sites I frequent on the regular, (I am guilty of not leaving comments on every site I visit. I read so many blogs that... Well I have no excuse. If I want people to acknowledge my blog I need to do the same. I am working on that.)It really gives me inspiration and makes me proud to read so many different views on the world we live in, by educated Black People (and a few whites)for educated Black people. To me this kills that stereo type that is often associated with people that look like me,the one that says that Blacks don't value education or that we are all "ghetto".

That is the reason I post my thoughts and views here for the world to read and this is the reason I will continue to do so.

So again thanks for your support, and I will continue to write things that are important to me and hopefully to you as well.

8 comments:

DJ Black Adam said...

Congratulations man! I know how you feel, sometimes I write post that seem to get the tumbleweed treatment, don't worry I'll get by more often!

truth said...

Dirty Red,
Congratulations, I wish you continued success!

freemanpress said...

Congrats to you Man! Its good to see someone make it, I always wonder if I am going to always have something to say. Congrats!

field negro said...

Congrats Dirty Red, keep doing what you do, and thanks for the kind words.

Peace.

ZACK said...

Dude, I swear that I don't find out about your posts until a day later. Do you have some kind of lock in which I don't see the post like everybody else?

CONGRATULATIONS! It's amazing how Field leaves comments on your blog after telling me that he can't leave any on mine. But it's amazing how some of HIS readers found me through him recommending "Black Folks Don't Swim" (which recommended me).

But this is about you! I just had to get that out. Thanks for the shout out. If I never get any shout outs anymore, I know that I am doing what I love.

You have been very supportive of me and I can't thank you enough!

jjbrock said...

Congratulation! and many,many more. I enjoyed your writing style keep up the good work.

brran1 said...

Congrats on 100 posts Dirty Red. Here's to 100 more.

Bellini said...

Kudos-- can't wait for the next 100!