Monday, September 15, 2008

'Look into my eyes'


I am going to admit something to yall...I love watching Vampire movies. I love reading books about Vampires. I don't know why since I do not like Horror films. I think they are stupid. I think killing people in every kind of gruesome way imaginable for no reason and calling it entertainment is just stupid. I believe that a person has to actually have a damn good reason to take a life. Child Molester's, rapists, any fool that doesn't respect the elderly, why are they here? Some people just need to die. I know that sounds kind of bad, but what purpose do these kind of people serve? But killing just to kill is just flat out wrong.

Anyways...

Back to the Vampire admission.

I tried to watch the HBO series "TRUEBLOOD" the other night. Notice I said tried to watch it. I got about 15 minutes into the show and I had to turn the channel. This is a really sick show. It really bothered me. I know that Vampires are supposed to be evil and all that, but this show actually scared me.

Maybe I am just getting old.

I thought I could actually feel the evil radiating out of the T.V. No other movie, book or show,(I like that show on CBS called "MOONLIGHT"), has ever effected me the way this one did.

I don't understand it. Like I said Vampire movies don't usually effect me like that.

I actually had to pray after those 15 minutes. I asked God to forgive me for even wanting to watch some s%^t like that.(I also asked him to protect me through the night. LOL)

What got me was a scene about a women having sex with a vampire. I was like wooo, what the f%%k is this sh%^t?

That was it for me.

I will not allow that show back in my house again.

Am I overreacting?

After all, it is just "mindless entertainment".
I am old enough to know better, but the show still freaked me the hell out.

What are some movies that freaked you out?

6 comments:

ZACK said...

Any movie that Tyler Perry does freaks me out! LOL!

But Christian guilt is a natural thing after watching any kind of horror-themed program. Just think of it as entertainment, and don't beat yourself up too much.

You're a good man in my book no matter what you watch. :)

Kei said...

I am not a big fan of horror films because I am too afraid, lol. But as far as vampire films, I loved "Village of the Damned" with the late singer Aaliyah. I also loved the comedy "Vampire in Brooklyn," with Eddie Murphy! Too funny!

Dirty Red said...

Zack,
Wus up with Tyler Perry? He has made some decent movies. I am sick of Madea, but most of his movies are pretty good.

Kei,

I liked Queen of the Damned also. My favorite scene was watching Aaliyah walk through that club. Damn she looked good!!! May she rest in peace

freemanpress said...

It's not TV it's HBO! You know they don't have to think about morals or put PG on their shit or even care that they are encouraging the mixing of the races.

Man I don't want to live in your world. 15 minutes and you started praying. You better stay in the house! LOL

fat blogs said...

The exocist. I still can not watch that movie. But I love Vampire moves and I am going to go to my on demand list and see if I can find this one. I use to be able to watch all kinds of scary movies. but for the past 5 years or so My nerves aren't as good. After I hit thirty I became a scare-e-cat. but I am going to give this one a try. I'll let you know what I think!

freemanpress said...

I received a email about the mixing of the races comment. I meant it like the mixing of Vampires and Humans. Life is short so get a life.