Tuesday, October 28, 2008

I am Legend

That's right folks, I am officially a part of history now.

What am I talking about?

Well, I about to tell ya.

I have cast my vote for the first Black Man to be nominated to the most esteemed office on the face of the earth.

That's right my little chick-a-dees..

I have early voted for Barack Hussein Obama.

Even if my man does not win, I can tell my Grand Kids that I participated in this historic event. This is the most important election in United States History, and I was a part of it.

I am damn proud that I was alive to be able to do this. I never thought I would see it happen in my lifetime, and I am only 35 years old. I can imagine what my grand-parents are thinking.

Even though his O-ness was not my first pick, he is my pick now.

I do not know if he will win, I still think that the rethugs will pull a fast one, but at least I did my part.

It just makes me feel good to say that now maybe the world will stop judging us (Black men), by what the "news" outlets and BET show them.

There are millions of (Black) men just like Big O, and now that we have one on the world stage, maybe... just maybe shit around here will be a little different.

I know that Barack is not The Black man's savior, but now at least all those little kids that have no hope for the future can look up and see this Black Man that looks like them, their father,their uncle or Grandfather sitting in the big seat behind the big desk in the big white house and say, 'I can do that too'.

The Audacity of Hope....

Yep, today was a good day.

No matter what happens.

6 comments:

ZACK said...

I thought that you were 37? You did mention your age a while back.

-------
For me, I'm choosing to wait until Election Day to cast my vote for...well, it's a surprise. It's for a man we all know and love and always puts "Change First". Yup! It's John Obama Edwards. LOL!

Just_Wondering said...

I can't believe that election day is next week and people like you are voting early! I too am happy to have seen the day that a Black man would be running for office as hard core as Obama has! Wow!

Nathaniel said...

I agree, I think Barack has done for politics what Tiger Woods did for golf. He's put it within reach to kids all over the country. They now have living proof that anything is possible.

Hawa Bond said...

AWE-frickin-SOME. I bet it felt great.

Election day waiting lines will probably be hell, but I'm voting on election day. Call me strange. For this historic election , I want to be in the midst of the chaos (aka energy.)

= = = = = =
Give to classroom projects in high-poverty schools via DonorsChoose 2008: Friends of Fackin Truth Blog (Participating via the AfroSpear with Black Bloggers for Education).

Scourned Woman said...

I agree with hawa bond. There's something about voting on election day. I'm actually looking forward to the crowds and the chaos. I'm just praying that nothing shady goes down.

daddio911 said...

Okay he's there now. Let's see what happens. I'm not impressed, but I am patient.

Now Red.....

Get off your lazy ass and write some new crap....