Saturday, March 21, 2009

Gotta Go, Gotta Go


Last week Gov. Richardson repealed the death penalty in his state of New Mexico.

When I first heard about this, I was like that's a good look for the Gov., because we all know that the current system is broken.

In the past 4 years,13 people here in Dallas have been exonerated because of DNA testing.
These 13 were not on Death Row, but they had spent a majority of their lives locked up for crimes they did not commit.

The system we have in place now is full of holes.

Juries do not always get it right, and they can be tampered with.
Judges are sometimes Biased and THEY can be tampered with.
Eyewitnesses do not make good witnesses.
Public Defenders are over worked and sometimes they just do not care about their clients.
People lie.
Some witnesses only testify to get reduced charges for themselves.
Crooked Cops plant evidence.

There are a lot of things wrong with the way the current system is set up, even though I believe it is the best system out there now.

Even though I am a staunch supporter of the Death Penalty, I have some reservations about it due to the examples I have named above.

However, I cannot be told anything wrong about the Death Penalty when I hear about stories like this.
This animal broke into a house and killed 2 men that were trying to protect their house and their family from bitches like him, for TWO DOLLARS!!!
He was eventually caught and shot in a shoot out with the Fuzz.

So my question is this...

Why even waste my money on a trial for this fool?

He was caught red handed shooting at the Poo-lice, after fleeing the scene of a double homicide that he committed for TWO DOLLARS.

TWO DAMN DOLLARS!!
If anyone needs to die it is this motherfucker.

I have some ideas for changes I would make concerning the death penalty, if I am ever in a position to implement my ideas.

Want to hear em?
Here they go......

If a person is convicted by a Jury of their peers, and the sentence is death, then that person will get 6 months to go through the appeal process.
This will include another lawyer from a law firm that is on the States retainer, not a PD, re interviewing witnesses, reexamine the evidence that was presented during the original trial, rechecking the background of the jurors, just in case they were paid off, extensive DNA testing, and double checking the credibility of the presiding Judge.

After all this, if the Jurors verdict stands up, then, Gotta Go, Gotta Go.

There is no reason for someone to stay on death row, soaking up $50,000 of my tax dollars every year for 20 or more years.

In the case I have mentioned above, this punk should not even be allowed the 6 months that I am proposing.

He should be executed on the court house steps, live, on national T.V.

But then again this is Texas, so this guy might be getting strapped in the chair as I type this.

2 comments:

RiPPa said...

I'm against the death penalty. I happen to think that too much money has been spent in locking up millions of people. But hey, I also think its something thats done for profit. Sure executing this guy may bring some form of "justice" to the relatives of the victim, but does it serve as a deterrent to crime? See, I'm more concerned with prevention than anything else. If more money was spent and focuses on crime prevention, things would be different. And we would not be the country with the highest number of people incarcerated in the world as we are today.

Boughetto said...

Ever seen "The Life Of David Gale"?