Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Live at 4, I'm Dirty Red


This is going to be another post about how I hate the media.

Wifey and I were watching the late news last night and I noticed something that I thought was really stupid.

Before I get into what I saw, let me begin by saying that in my opinion, the whole media machine is nothing but political propaganda. I find it hard to watch any news at all because I find it hard to believe half the mess they report. It is all designed to keep us living in fear. The only news that is reported is bad news, and then if it is not bad news, it is some shit you really do not care about.

Anyways let me get to the purpose of this rant.....

Last night around 10:00 Wifey and I were watching the news. They started with the usual Dallas area bad news...

A bank in Grapevine was robbed by a cat in a plaid suit and a fake beard....
A woman tried to rob a grocery store in Colleyville.....
A 78 year old woman was raped and set on fire....
A DISD crossing guard was hit and killed by a drunk driver....
A 27 year old man is held for fatally beating his girlfriends 2 year old son because the little guy pissed himself.....
And on a lighter note we are expected to get some severe weather here in North Texas over the next couple of days.

What got me was this..
While reporting about the cop that would not let Ryan Moats say his final goodbyes to his dying mother-in-law, the reporter was broadcasting live from...

Are you ready?

Ryan Moats old high school...

At 10:00 at night!

Why?

Why in the hot ass hell would you want to report live at an empty high school at 10:00 at night?

What was the purpose of that?

Was reporting live at an empty high school at 10:00 at night supposed to make me sympathize more with Ryan Moats misfortune?

The news does this type of shit a lot.

Reporting live from a car dealership at 4:00 in the morning that was hit by heavy hail the night before.
Reporting live from a night club at 10:00 in the morning that was the scene of a big fight 2 nights before.
Reporting live from Dallas City Hall at 2:00 in the morning for a major trial that starts at 9:00.

What is the purpose of this?

I know if I was the reporter assigned to do the live reporting from a scene where even the rubberneckers are gone, I would be mad as hell.

Anyways, this is reason # 205 on why I hate the media.

8 comments:

ZACK said...

Great post! This is true with a lot of media outlets. In Chicago, they will sometimes report from a good spot near the Expressway if they want to show a skyscraper. But it's really all about getting that privacy, so you don't have that douchebag in the back wavin' his arms.

I need to comment more. My apologies.

jjbrock said...

Red you nailed it, great post you're doing a wonderful job keep it up.

Hawa Bond said...

OMG. I was in Dallas all last week. I didn't realize you were from there. I saw the Ryan Moats story from my hotel room! (Sheraton Dallas on Olive St). If I had made the connection, I would have dropped you a line while I was there.

Speaking of which... I have been on the road and busy a lot, but I'm back home. I'm glad to stop by and catch up on my reading!

====@====
Hawa, author of Fackin Truth Blog and Cleanse Master Remix

RiPPa said...

Man this shit right here cracked me the fuck up Red.

I'm still laughin my ass off at the live from the high school. I think the shit started when fools was reporting live while embedded with troops in Iraq when the war started.

Just once I'd like to see them do a story live from inside a cackhouse.

DJ Black Adam said...

yeah I feel you. But damn, a 78 year old woman raped and set on fire? A 2 year old kid killed by the mother's stupid ass live in boyfriend? Man...se that right there is why when I say SHAZAM nothing happens, because if I could turn into Black Adam, there would be a lot less criminals (and therefore less crime) in the world...

CareyCarey said...

Man, you crazy *lol* ...just read you reply over at RiPPa's spot.

Rere said...

lol...this had me laughing cause i always make fun of the media for the same shit. they have to be on the scene for everything, and if they can't be on the scene, they pick their own random scene that is vaguely or completely unrelated to the story. douche bags have no idea people are at home going "why the fugg are you posted up outside of the car dealership at 3 am just because someone whose car was broken into on the other side of town bought that car at that dealership?!"

suiteSTL said...

LMAO - they do seem to broadcast from some of the most random places sometime but a high school at 10pm just takes the award for being #1 in media foolishness