Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Did I just read that?

I would be lying if I told y'all that I do this only to write down my opinion.

It is true I really enjoy using this medium to get my view of thangs out for hundreds of people to see.

I enjoy letting the world know how I feel about different subjects.

However I also enjoy getting comments from people that read my view.

I enjoy reading and replying back to the few people that do read my writings and decide to comment on them.

I do not care if the comments are disagreeing with my view or agreeing with my view.

As long as I don't feel disrespected by whatever it is a person has to say, anything goes.

But,(there is always a but), I cannot stand it when a person comments on whatever I decide to write and it is like they have not even read what I wrote.

Or maybe they read two sentences and comment on only those two sentences.

Case and point.....

My previous post I wrote about how hypocritical some people are when it comes to President Obama's administration. I wrote about the protesters at Notre Dame. I tried to make a point about how Presidents get protesters where ever they go. Not everyone likes the current President, whomever they might be. People would protest Jesus Christ himself if he decided to make a public appearance. I am sure all Presidents (including the Black guy with the funny name that is currently living in the big white house) know this and their people prepare them for it.

Anyways, there was a comment that was left in my comment section by a lady whom I respect and whose opinion I value. I have never met her and I probably never will, but she always leaves comments that make me think.

This comment however pulled my last nerve.

She said something to the effect of President Obama should get used to the protesters and that he doesn't wear a halo and blah blah blah.

I take it from her comment, that she doesn't like our President too much, but she is entitled to her opinion. I ain't mad at her.

Well her comment replayed what I said, only she made it seem like I never said what I said.

You understand what I'm saying?

She basically took two sentences from what I wrote and wrote her comment based on whatever two sentences that she read.

She did not get the meaning of what I was trying to say.

I get this alot. I don't know if my writings are too deep for some people to understand, or if they are not reading my thoughts, but skipping through them.

I try to write this as I would say it. I don't try to be vague or deceptive or hypocritical.

I write about whatever is on my mind at the time. I am not trying to win a popularity contest and I do not want everyone to agree with me. Disagreeing with someone is how you learn.

And I am always trying to learn something new.

But I damn sho wish people would READ EVERY WORD of what I write, before they judge what I write!!

I was always told that if you don't know what you are talking about, then don't talk.

Just some friendly words of advice.

Now I wonder how many people will misread this post.

I really don't know how to get clearer than this.

2 comments:

MoMo said...

I really and truly enjoy reading your opinions, I love the that you bar noone and freely express yourself whenever and wherever, thats a very unique trait. Keep it up.

Mo.

FreeMan said...

Brother Red when people got a issue they see that issue. I got a cat who comes over to my blog just to pull the one line and just like you I addressed that probably one line before. This blog game is a trip homie just go do what you do.

People are fighting ghosts because no one really knows each other. I've gotten uninvited from blogs because I said positive things to cats. Some people are sensitive and most see what they want. There are more people reading than the one idiot so just like a question on a scantron skip it and come back to it when you got the time.