Monday, May 18, 2009

Some People love throwing Shoes at Presidents


I consider myself a pretty open minded person. I try to listen and learn from every one I come into contact with. I don't care about personal preferences,racial preferences, sexual preferences or any other preferences that somebody might have. I try to treat every person I meet the way I like to be treated. As long as I feel respected, then I will respect you. I have not always been like that. Before I joined the Military I was pretty much one sided on everything. But I have different views now. I still see some things the same, but as a whole I try not to judge and I try to respect other people's views.

I said all that to say this.....

Everybody knows that our President went to Notre Dame this past weekend. Everybody knows that there were some protesters out there. That is going to happen to every President from now until.... whenever. It is a part of being an American President. I don't care if a President finds the cure for cancer and he feeds all Americans with a loaf of bread and a bucket of that new grilled chicken from KFC. No one will always be 100% satisfied.

But what gets me is the fact that these same people that were out there protesting the President, were the same ones that stood deathly quiet when the country was spiraling out of control less than 2 years ago.

Why are they running their traps now?

I was talking to one of my ex-coworkers Saturday and he said some shit that I just do not agree with. He is an older White Dude, that well, for the lack of a better term, is set in his ways. He is one of those people that was sucking on Palin's titties during the election. He swears on his dead mother(god rest her soul) that Obama is fucking the country up, and that we are 10x's worse off now than we ever were under Jr. He was complaining about the stimulus money, he was complaining about terrorism, he was complaining about stem cell research, he was complaining about damn near everything that this administration has done the short 4 months Big O has been sitting in the big seat, in the funny shaped office, in the big White House on 1600 Penn Ave. He cannot stand anything about Obama. He does not even call him the President, he calls him "the savior".

Now Like I said in the opening paragraph, I try to respect other people's opinions. I try to learn from everyone I come into contact with. But the shit this dude was spitting, I had to shake my head in wonder.

Where do people like this get their facts from? How can a man change something in 4 months that has been broken for 8 years? What has Obama done any different from all the other Presidents before him?

Don't they all make promises when they are trying to get elected that they know that they will not keep?

Don't they all shake hands and kiss babies?

Obama is a politician. He is nothing more or nothing less. He has done some shit I don't agree with, but I chalk it up to the game he is involved in.

It is called Politricks.

And our President is good at playing it.

But some of these crazy people in this country are just that, crazy.

Where does the University of Notre Dame get off protesting the President of the United States on his opinion on abortion?

How can any person that is associated with the Catholic Church open their mouths to protest anything that has to do with morality?

Was it moral to allow all those priests to keep molesting the children in their congregation?
Was it moral to keep moving those priests to new locations and try to bribe the victims to keep quiet?
Is it "Christ-Like" to treat one MAN (the pope) like he is the ONLY man that is allowed to go into God's own personal day-room? Doesn't the bible say that there is only one that is worthy of that respect?

It amazes me the mind-set of some of my fellow Americans.
I just don't understand it.

Like I said I don't agree with everything that my President has done in the short time he has been in office.
But he is still the President.
He deserves the respect that the office holds.

Lord knows I thought Jr. and his whole administration was fucked-up. Anyone that has been following my little ole blog knows that. But when that idiot threw his shoes at him, and almost beamed him in the face, that shit pissed me off. Jr. was my President and he deserved the respect that that office holds. As an American I felt totally disrespected by that.

So why doesn't President Obama get that same respect from certain (white)people in this country?

These so called "Christians" trip me out with their 1960 ass way of thinking. It is like they only read certain sentences out of the Bible and ignore the rest of it.

I can't stand them.

All I can say to people with that type of mentality is, Hell is Hot.

Very Very Hot.

5 comments:

blackwomenblowthetrumpet.blogspot.com said...

Hi there!

Being the subject of public protests is part of the territory of being President...

Obama needs to get used to it.

Every president has been bashed and criticized...he doesn't get a halo on his head for four years and he doesn't get to be protected from public bashing and founded or unfounded verbal disparagement.

Peace, blessings and DUNAMIS!
Lisa

jjbrock said...

Red there's a segment of people in this country who will never accept nor support Obama.

Almost every White Christian site I have visited I can tell that Obama is not the one they want in that White House.

MoMo said...

I hear you. What I don't think that most of the regular population realizes is that the same millions of Catholics and Protestants that disapprove with abortion and stem cell research, are the same people that vote against birth control and sex education and well fare programs. They would rather preach and continue to promote abstinence which as we all know does not work and has not worked for years. My question is, what do they think happens to all those eggs that people who have invitro fertilization do not use? Ding Ding Ding!!!! They are destroyed which is the same thing as having an abortion, why not put those eggs to good use? Hell we spend billions a year just trying to fly to the moon and land safely there and back for reasons I have yet to figure out. Criticism is part and parcel of the job of being the president, and when you're a black president well it just gets doubled. Only in America eh?

Dirty Red said...

Blackwoman,

You must have missed it when I said, and I qoute, " Everybody knows that our President went to Notre Dame this past weekend. Everybody knows that there were some protesters out there. That is going to happen to every President from now until.... whenever. It is a part of being an American President. I don't care if a President finds the cure for cancer and he feeds all Americans with a loaf of bread and a bucket of that new grilled chicken from KFC. No one will always be 100% satisfied."

I don't think I mentioned anything being wrong about the protesters protesting. It has always happened to Presidents and it will continue to happen. But I think you missed the whole point I was trying to make. All I am trying to say is People that live in Glass Houses don't need to make pets out of pissed off bulls.

JJBrock,
Long time no hear from.
Thanks for the comment. It is good to hear from you again.

Momo,
Thanks for the comment. You are right as rain. Keep up the good work at your blog. You are a damn good writer!

ZACK said...

First, I hope that you are prospering as your soul prospers. A debate about our prez is not as important to me as your health and well being is. I want you to be SAFE, bruh!

Now, let me climb on my soapbox.

The reason your friend thinks the way that he does is because of conservative media. Folks don't read anymore. We don't even like to debate because we are afraid of respecting an alternative viewpoint.

Instead we hang with people who think like us, and watch TV shows that reflect the view we wish to have of ourselves.

Meanwhile, we live life with a tunnel vision view on everything.

You just keeping doing you and I'll keep being proud of you Black Man!

Be Encouraged and Stay Prayerful! Much love to ya!