Monday, June 15, 2009

God, Guns and Bullshit


I was over at my man's RIPPA'S site this morning reading all his brilliance and I came across two very interesting articles that he wrote his opinions on.

They both include Guns, but one includes God and Guns. I told him I was going to post jack him, because the need came over me to add my 2 cents. And since I am not the one to leave a 10 paragraph comment on any one's blog,I felt the need to come here, to Dirty Reds Blog, to express my opinion.

Anyways.....

In the first post by my man Rippa, he talked about a NEW GUN LAW IN TN, that allows people to carry loaded guns in restaurants and bars as long as they are not drinking.

pause for dramatic effect.....

People being allowed to carry loaded guns where there is an ample amount of alcohol, mind altering drugs and testosterone.....

Hmmm....

Does this make any sense to any of you?

I know I have been to many a club on many different occasions where there were guns readily available to drunken idiots and the experiences were ones that I will not soon forget. (In my past life I was one of the drunken idiots.)My cousin was shot and killed by a group of drunken idiots at a club/bar/restaurant where damn near everybody had guns and felt the need to exercise their constitutional rights.

So why would the good lawmakers of TN, where their largest city, Memphis, is on the list of most dangerous cities in America, decide to pass a Bullshit law like this?

When the White men that wrote the constitution wrote that famous line that says that Americans have the right to bear arms, do ya think they meant for it to be carried this far?

I know that gun rights advocates will say that "GUNS DON'T KILL PEOPLE, PEOPLE KILL PEOPLE", but in my opinion that is straight, un-filtered Bullshit.

People do kill People.... With Guns!

And most of the time People use guns to kill People when they are drunk or have been drinking or getting high on something.

So what sense does it make to make it legal for all three things(guns, alcohol, drugs) to be in the same place at the same time in a State where gun related violence is off the charts?

I just don't understand it.

Now on to the Guns and God part of this post....

There is a MINISTER IN KENTUCKY that is advocating his congregation to bring their guns with them to church services.

All in the name of being PATRIOTIC.

another pause for dramatic effect....

Ya'll did hear me when I said a PREACHER has told all his flock to bring their guns to CHURCH, right?

This idiot even said that America was founded on God and Guns.

WTF man!!

Am I the only one that sees a problem with this?

Has a verse been added to the bible that says, 'thou shalt kill any fool that comes at you wrong, as long as it is done in the house of thine lord?'

Guns, God and Bullshit.

The American way.

1 comment:

RiPPa said...

Thanks for spreading the love my brother. You know when I wrote my post I was really trippin being that I live in MEMPHIS of all places. There has been a lot of people talking about this move and some bars and restaurants have come out against the recently passed legislation. Since writing that post I think the governor has vetoed that bill. I hope he doies if he hasn't already.

And that clown in Kentucky?

My ex-wife lives in Louisville as does my oldest child. Like I mentioned in my post, I know some hard pipe hittin niggas in Kentucky I can call and send them to that church service. They probably wouldn't like that one bit at that redneck church.