Monday, July 20, 2009

Black People are not the only Niggers in the World


This morning before I went to work I watched a little bit of a show on the Sun Dance channel called SLINGSHOT HIP HOP.

This was a Sundance movie about young Palestinian Hip Hop artists. I found the show pretty interesting because I never viewed Palestinians as being Hip Hop lovers. I know next to nothing about Palestine or the people that inhabit that Prison that the Israelis guard. I assumed that all Palestinians were crazy terrorists that hate Israel and like to blow themselves up, when in reality they are an oppressed people that are getting a bad rap from the world's media.

They are the NIGGERS OF THE MIDDLE EAST and the media treats them as such.

I do not know the exact reason why the Palestinian and the Israelis are fighting. It could be a Bibical thing, or it could be siblings fighting over an inheritance or maybe they just do not like each other, sorta like the Crips and the Bloods here in America. Or maybe they are fighting to keep what each believe is rightfully theirs.

I do not know.

I only know that they have been fighting for decades and there is nothing that anyone is going to be able to do about it.

I know that in my opinion, the Palestinian people are getting a raw deal from the Israelis and the world Media.

A person cannot be beat up on and oppressed and continually bow down to the people beating them up and oppressing them. Sooner or later that shit is going to get old and some people are going to die.

That is what I believe is happening in the Middle East.

I believe that the Israelis are wrong and I think that they need to recognize the Palestinians right to govern themselves in their own country.

I believe that America is wrong for trying to get in the middle of this bullshit, especially when this country cannot tell another country nothing about fair treatment of it's citizens.

The Divided States Of AmeriKKKa does not have a "FAIR AND BALANCED" record when it comes to treating it's natural born citizens, like natural born citizens.

I disagree with how America treats Israel in relation to how it treats other countries in the Middle East. It is like Israel can do no wrong.

I understand that the Israelis people were mistreated during WWII and all that, but that mistreatment stopped.

The criminals that did all those vile things to those innocent people have all been caught, jailed, killed or they have all died by now.

There are people in this country whose ancestors were treated like shit and who are still being treated like shit. There are people in this country that was born in this country but are still not considered Americans.

The main stream media thought it would be politically correct to put a description in front of the title American. I have never seen a white person called "white" American or "Caucasian" American. But my people have to be called an African American,an Afro-American, "colored" or a Nigger.

So in my opinion, the country of my birth needs to stay the hell out of the Middle East. It is not this countries place to tell another country how it should conduct it's business, especially when this country is not handling up on it's own business.

I can relate to the Palestinians.

I know what it is like to mistreated and labeled.
I know what it is like to be judged by people that have no idea what it is like to be you.
I know what it is like for people to automatically assume that just because Sarah or Tommy made it out of poverty, that Jamal and Lakiesha can do the same, without taking into account that Sarah and Tommy situations are totally different than Jamal and Lakeisha's situations.
I know what it is like to be stared at in wonder like I am a visiting Alien from another Planet.
I know what it is like to live in neighborhoods that the powers that be have neglected and forgotten.
I know what it is like to have friends and family members killed while only trying to survive in a world that was forced on them.

I can relate to the Palestinians.

Yep I said it.

But I cannot lie and say I am brave enough to kill myself in order to kill my oppressor. That suicide bombing shit is some straight bullshit.

The way I think, I will kill you before I even consider killing myself.

I love me some me.

9 comments:

Sabrina Willis said...

I know that's right!!I love me some me too! But I totally understand what you mean especially the part where you compare Sarah and Tommy to Jamal and Lakiesha. It's like that in my family. The difference can be seen between cousins and in some situations between brothers and sisters too. But that does not mean that some of us are lazy, just that some of us, for whatever reason, may have had to deal with things the others didn't.

I also hate not being considered just an American. I mean, I know I'm black, why do I always have to emphasize it?

Walt Bennett said...

Sabrina,

You don't.

Step across the divide.

By now you know that many, perhaps most "Americans" could not care less what color your skin is.

Certainly, as I have said many times, my children are absolutely colorblind and consider many of the issues which we stress over to be laughably unimportant.

The generation right behind us has a LOT of things right. We should be quite happy to get out of their way, instead of trying to pass our neuroses on to them.

Sabrina Willis said...

Walt Bennett- What I was talking about is the fact I am always a minority in many of the places I go. For example, I start nursing school this Fall at Louisiana State University. (In Louisiana, it's somewhat a big deal to be accepted there.) And when many people find this out they say,"Girl make sure you do good cause there aren't many of "us" (black people) in there.

OR, like a few months ago when my college minister asked me and some of my black friends if we wanted to plan more events that would be more attractive to us as Black people. I took this as the stuff they were already doing was geared towards the white students and the Black students were the only ones who needed special accommodation.

But like you said it could just be "our neuroses".

And this doesn't necessarily emphasize my blackness, but it does make me feel like I'm constantly being reminded of it and being a dark skinned sister, I definitely do not need reminding.

Also, what generation are you speaking of because I am only 22?

Dirty Red- sorry for such a long response:(

MoMo said...

Morning, like you and Sabrina said, I love me some me too. And once again, you proved my point that some people are still walking around with rose-tinted glasses on, only seeing the benefits that are being allotted to them, and not the rest of us. Also as far Israel goes, this country is going to stay by their side no matter what b/c we owe them too much. It always comes back to Commerce and Strategic military positioning in the Mid-east. You know who we have to keep an eye on.

Walt Bennett said...

Sabrina,

I am 49, and my children range in age from 10 to 18. What I see in that generation is that they have no use for such petty distinctions that we who came before them find so important.

You are caught in-between, I guess, and I see that you really mean that you get it from the black community.

My kids and their friends would have no idea what somebody meant by "black" versus "white" interests or activities.

And what about caramel? That's the most popular color that isn't white in my neck of the woods. Mixed race kids are everywhere these days, literally one white parent and one black parent? They are supposed to define themselves by representing only one half of their heritage?

They have neither the time nor the interest to do so.

All I can say is, it's getting better. I repeat: most white folk these days could not care less what color your skin is. Don't let the exceptions define the rule, so to speak.

As for your own community, well, I can't say much, can I? I haven't walked in their shoes, nor yours.

navas said...

Here are the keyords in the essay:

13th Amendment, 14th Amendment, 2012 Election, B.E.T., Barack Hussein Obama, Booker T. Washington, Bryant Park, Cipriani's, Colin Powell, Criminal Industrial Complex, Deb Slott, Do The Right Thing, Heidi Klum, Hip-Hop, Mark Penn, Melting Pot, Pink Elephant, Racism, Reconstruction, Robert Johnson, Seal, Segregation, Shelby Steele, Sidney Poiter, Sonia Sotomayor, Spike Lee, Tavis Smiley, Terrence Yang, The Dance Flick, To Kill a Mocking Bird, Virginia Davies, W.E.B. Dubois, Zero Mostel, Politics





Prologue to Obama 2012



We approach the future walking backwards, our gaze forever fixated on the past. Predicting the future is not a passive exercise; we invent it every day with our actions.
I began the sketches for what would ultimately become Obama 2012 in March 2007, a month after Barack Obama declared his candidacy. I had spent much of the previous 18 months living abroad as an entrepreneur and statesman of sorts, and I was slightly out of touch with the pulse of life on the street in the United States. I learnt about Sen. Barack Obama’s Springfield, IL speech formally declaring his candidacy for president of the United States through one of the international cable news channels and thought how great it would be to have a fresh start after years of mediocrity in Washington and a plummeting reputation around the world.
By September, after what seemed like raising a six-month-old child, my sketches had turned into Why the Democrats Will Win in 2008 the Road to an Obama White House. It was my answer to the burning question everyone had back in March: Can he really win? Actually, not everyone thought it was a question. For many people, including Mark Penn, director of the Clinton campaign, the answer was an easy “no way.” This strategic blunder made it that much easier for the Clinton campaign to be defeated. Then there were Black pundits like Shelby Steele, a fellow at the Hoover Institution, who came out with a 2007 book entitled A Bound Man, Why Obama Can't Win.
Being Black did seem to be an automatic disqualification, but then why did someone need to write an entire book arguing what should have been patently obvious? Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. Colin Powell came to my mind and I remembered that he could have run for president in 1992 as a war hero. But Colin Powell was Ronald Reagan’s protégé and got a special pass on the race question. Black conservatives like Justice Thomas, Condoleezza Rice and Colin Powell were careful to disassociate themselves from liberal thinkers and activists like Jesse Jackson, who lost, as expected, the 1984 and 1988 Democratic primaries. Ultimately, Colin Powell, in spite of all his honors, declined to run for president. His wife Alma feared for his safety. Common sense said that a candidate like Obama, for numerous insurmountable reasons, didn't stand a chance of winning the Democratic primary, let alone a general election in which 10% of the electorate is African American and Republicans controlled the White House for 20 of the preceding 28 years. But I decided that Obama's chances merited a closer examination. In it, I would bring to bear my gambling skills.

Dirty Red said...

Thnx for all the comments everybody. I asppreciate the continued support of my little ole blog.

Navas,

What the hell was the point of that book you left? What did anything you said have to do with what I wrote?

I'm just asking....

MoMo said...

your last comment was very funny!!!!

Assistant.to.Daniel.B said...

New essay "The Gates Affair:Why We Care" yours to publish
Dear readers and webmasters,

Author Daniel Bruno Sanz has written an essay about Gatesgate. We encourage its publication and distribution.

Regards,

Navas S.


"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized."

- 4th Amendment to the The Constitution of the United States of America