Monday, September 21, 2009

How does Jesus really feel?



There are some things in the Bible that I do not understand.

Example: Matthew 19 verse 11-12. In this verse Jesus is supposedly talking about Marriage in this passage.

11Jesus replied, "Not everyone can accept this word, but only those to whom it has been given. 12For some are eunuchs because they were born that way; others were made that way by men; and others have renounced marriage[a]because of the kingdom of heaven. The one who can accept this should accept it."

How can a man be born a EUNUCH?

I have always thought a Eunuch was a man that had had his goodies cut off so that he will not be tempted to dip his stick in any royal dishes.

So how can a man be BORN a Eunuch?

Is this some coded reference made by Jesus that implies that there are some men that are born that do not want to dip his stick in any royal dishes? In other words: Are there men that are BORN Gay instead of CHOOSING to be Gay?

If this is true, If I am understanding what I am reading, then what about this....

"Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination." Leviticus 18:22

So does this mean that being Gay is wrong in God's eyes?

Then what did Jesus mean?

If what Jesus said in Matthew Chapter 19 is supposedly about Marriage, does he mean that marriage between 2 men is accepted as long as a man is BORN a Eunuch?

And if this is what he meant, why is he contradicting the words of Moses? (Moses is the author of Leviticus).
Hmmm....

If Jesus says that some men are BORN Eunuchs, then I am guessing that he meant that some men are born without "natural" male tendencies and urges.

Meaning there are some men that are born without a set of "nuts". Literally and mentally.

So does this mean that everything that has been taught over the centuries is a lie?

Or does it mean that the men who "translate" the Bible every Sunday morning omit what they want to omit to get their own agenda across?

Or am I doing exactly that and seeing what I want to see?

I firmly believe that some people are born with Homosexual tendencies. I also believe that some people choose to be that way.
I know how I feel and my feelings are that I do not understand the attraction between same sexes, male or female. I don't get it. There is nothing in me that would make me want to have sex with a man.

But that is how I feel.
I also feel it is wrong to judge in either case.

I don't know what God thinks about this because he has not answered me when I have asked him. And in my opinion, the bible is suspect. I mean I believe it is the word of God, at least the original version, but it has been tampered with, changed, some things that should be in it has been left out intentionally and since it was man that has done all these things, and we all know how men are, I don't think that the Bible we have today is 100% accurate.

How could it be?
Man makes mistakes.
Some men have their own personal agenda.
And it has been proven that history is written by the winners. So all the stuff that the "winners" did not think was relevant, was left out of their "version" of history.

I also feel that since there is so little love in this world as it is, a person has to get it any way they can.

In other words, In the words of the esteemed Too Short, "Get in where you fit in."

But then Jesus did say:

"The one that CAN accept this SHOULD accept it."

3 comments:

wklaus23 said...

born a eunuch can mean someone born handicapped, misfigured, incapable of sexual activity...

saint james said...

Born a eunuch should be understood in it's context. Jesus was talkiing about heterosexual marriage. He used the word eunuch while speaking to people who would not have thought the word eunuch would have meant homosexuals. THey were familiar with the practice of kings castrating male subjects (particularly those set to guard harems and concubines) The text must mean people who are born with an inability to have sexual relations. Here, Jesus was not speaaking in parables but in clear language fully understood by his listeners. I think to read something else into it is a stretch; a big one.
The idea of becoming a euncuh for the kingdom's sake must mean that a person makes the choice not to become sexually involved; probably based on the teaching Christ had just made about divorce. He said only for sexual immorality. He said if a person marries a person who is divorced then they also commit adultery.. If you go along with this then you become a eunuch in that you remain a person sexually uninvolved; hence a eunuch for the "kingdom's sake". That's my view.

404 said...

Hmmmmm.....interesting