Monday, January 4, 2010

Resolutions?! I don't need no stinking resolutions!

This is my first post for 2010.

There  are a lot of things on my mind and I really don't know where to start this post off.

I am not going to make any resolutions for this year because I think New Year Resolutions are bullshit.
I can only talk about shit I know I am GOING to do. Not shit I tell myself I WANT to do.

I am going to do everything I did last year, except I am going to do it better. I am going to continue working on my 2nd degree. I am going to continue to keep my body and my mind in shape. I am going to continue to try to find my place in the Corporate world.

I am going to try to continue to be a husband, but that is becoming more and more difficult. Sometimes people grow apart, You know? But if God is listening to my prayers I will see another year as a married man. But if not, well......

I know what I am not going to do though.

I refuse to stay at my current job for another year. It is time for me to move on. I have accomplished everything I can accomplish in my current position and there is no longer any incentive for me to keep doing what I do. Besides there is no room for growth. And I am sick and tired of the piss poor leadership of the people claiming to be my "superiors". I am sick of the lies they tell and the way our feelings about how shit is don't matter. I am sick of giving suggestions about things that I feel would improve the morale of my department, only to be shot down.
So in other words I need a change and I am going to do everything within my power to implement the change I need.

I am tired of Texas. I want to be closer to my family.
I am the only member of my Klan to live in Texas. That shit is getting old.
My wife loves it here though. She has told me numerous times that it has always been her childhood dream to live in Dallas. Well, she has accomplished that dream.

As for me, well.....

Dallas is cool and all but it is not home for me. I feel out of place here. I thought I was getting accustomed to being here, but then we went back to Maryland 2 weeks ago for my Uncles 50th Birthday party being there just brought back everything I don't like about Texas. This may sound stupid, but I like Dallas, I just don't like Texas.

I am not saying I am moving anytime soon though. I am just venting. There are a lot of things going on in my life right now that I do not like. Living here is one of the many.

But this post is not about making any stupid promises about doing shit that I know good and damned well I ain't gonna do. This post was about doing the shit I have been doing, only doing that shit better.

So good luck to me.

I just hope that I don't have to go lay on somebodies couch for $200 a hour and "talk" about my problems. But I might just need to do that, before I end up being that guy that flips out and pulls a columbine.

Life is a bitch huh?

No comments: