Monday, March 8, 2010

Saturday night out in the Big D

My neighbor and I went out to a club Saturday night.


This was the first time I decided to go out in a long time so I did not know what to expect.

What I saw was nothing like what I expected.

First.......

Well the club was jamming. It is called Stone Trail and Don Diego and his band play there. In between sets they have a DJ that is off the damn chain. I think that they should scrap Don Diego and just let the DJ spin, since the band has been playing the same damn set for the past couple 2-3 years. This was the first time in about 4 months that I had been there and the band was playing the same damn songs they were playing 4 months ago. I almost knew the exact order of their set. Anyways like I said, the DJ was the life of the party.

Even though I kinda miss the old school clubs from when I was younger and the DJ actually mixed and scratched the music he was playing on two 12 inch record players. This dude had his computer set up and even though he was mixing pretty good and the music was jamming, I kinda longed for the old days of DJing in the club.

Second.......

Is it the new hotness for dudes to stand around in the middle of the damn dance floor? All these knuckle head ass nikkas were just standing around the damn dance floor like they was standing by the bar. I mean the club was full of beautiful women standing or sitting in groups and these fools were ignoring them. If I was a single man here in Dallas...... Damn...... The possibilities would be endless...... (Don't tell Mrs. Red I said that.)

Third.....

Do people now-a-days not know what the term "dress code" means?
Now the majority of the people there were dressed nice. Most of the women were looking damn good.
But the dudes?
Come on son.

Either they were dressed like pimps or thugs. Now they were in the minority mind you, but the minority stood the fuck out like Stevie Wonder at a boxing match. I mean what is the point?

Fourth.......

What the fuck is up with dudes running to the damn dance floor off of Beyonce's song "Single Ladies?"
Matter of fact, any damn Beyonce song?  Now don't get me wrong, Beyonce is a talent in her own right, but come on son.
Dudes and "Single Ladies?" That shit just ain't right.

And last but not least.......

What the fuck is up with dudes sipping drinks through straws like they are sipping lemonade on a hot summer day?  Me personally, when I order a drink, I use the straw to stir that shit up and then I leave the damn straw on the bar. Is it just me or does it look gay ass gay for a dude to sip a drink with a straw? I even saw a dude pour a damn beer from the bottle into a shot glass.... Again.... Come on Son.



All in all I had a good time Saturday night. It was good to get out of the house for a minute. It will probably be another 4 months before I go out again, but besides the dumb shit I saw, it was worth the 10 bucks to get in and the other 20 I spent on drinks. I even shook my ass on the dance floor with a couple of the ladies that were sitting or standing in groups, and yep, we had to dance around the fools that were standing in the middle of the damn floor.

Yep, it was a pretty good night.

1 comment:

Reggie said...

Dudes dancing to Single Ladies and sipping drinks outta straws?!? What kind of club were you at brother?!?

Seriously though, I haven't been clubbing in so long I wouldn't know if I'm supposed to wear my Kangol or not.