Tuesday, April 20, 2010

If I were an NFL owner.......

The NFL draft is in 2 days. I will not watch it, but I will follow it closely.

Football is my favorite sport.
For those of you that have been following my thoughts for a while, you will know that I am a fair-weather Cowboys fan. I am a fair-weather fan period, because I refuse to just follow any one thing. I like to have options in my life and if the team I choose to follow sucks, then I reserve to right to keep it moving.  And the Cowboys have not been the picture of perfection lately. Like in the last 12 years.... The only thing I can say is that I do not like the Washington Redskins. Even though Maryland (PG County) is what I consider the closest thing to heaven I will ever see, I cannot stand the foreskins.

That being said, I am a fan of the sport, not of one particular team. I love football. I can watch it all the live long day.

But there is one thing that is driving me more and more to the college side of things.....

The amount of money that owners give to players that have not proven themselves. It makes nan sense to me why in the Hot ass hell an owner would agree to pay a rookie, somebody that has played with kids and been told his whole childhood how good he is, more money than a guy that has proven themselves time and time again on the "field of battle".

If I were an owner in the NFL, there are certain rules that I would set for my organization.
Want to hear some of them?
Hear they go......

1. I would never draft a Quarterback or Running back in the first round. Being a star in college and transferring that over into the NFL is two totally different things. The NFL is faster and the rules are a little bit different. Plus these are grown ass men playing, not immature kids. Getting hit by a man is a helluva lot different than getting hit by someone you went to grade school with. Besides QB's and running backs are a dime a dozen.

2. I would never give a running back a contract for more than 4 or 5 years. Running backs take the most punishment of any player in football. The average "life" for a running back is only 2 or 3 years. (Emmit Smith was the exception. He played 12 years.) But for my team. 4 or 5 years. That's it.

3. I would not trade for a running back over the age of 30. I know that sounds bad, sorta like age discrimination, but.... Let me explain..... The average football player starts playing in middle school, say 7th or 8th grade. So that means 2 years of middle school, 4 years of high school and 2 to 4 years of college. That is a lot of wear and tear on a person's bones. Add to that the years of grueling punishment of playing professionally and being 30 in the NFL is like being 50 in real life. So 30 year old running backs need not apply to the team that Red built.

4. I would spend my first round draft picks and my early second round picks on offensive linemen, defensive backs, pass rushers and linebackers. In my opinion these are the most important pieces of a good football team. Without offensive lineman the QB's and RB's would not be able to do their jobs. Without defensive backs the opposing offense would pass all over you. Without linebackers the opposing offense would not only pass all over you, but run all over you as well. And last but not least without good pass rushers, the opposing QB will have all day to stand in the pocket and pick you apart. Defensive linemen are just as important because they are the first line of defense against all the scenarios I just described. But they would have to come in the late second and third rounds of the draft. I would also pick a kicker in the early third round. A kicker can make or break a football team.

5. I would not pay a rookie more money than what I would pay a veteran player. 40 million dollars for a player that has not stepped on a Pro field?  Come on Son. It would not happen. Not in the house that Red built.

6. If a rookie tried to hold out for more money after I have wasted a draft pick on him, Fuck Him. There are plenty of other players that would take his spot in a New York Minute.

7. I would not waste my time on a player who does not understand the concept of TEAM.

8. I would not waste my time on a player that does not understand that he represents something bigger than football even when he is not playing. If they have problems with the PO-PO, drugs or anything else that might effect his performance and his ability to do the job I am paying him to do, he would not be a part of my organization.

9. I would make it mandatory that all my players attend financial responsibility classes.

10. And finally I would let my coach be the leader of my team. I would consult with him before making any personnel decisions and I would never hire a coach that was a yes man. The coach should be the face of the team, not the owner.
One more thing... I would not waste my time at the Columbine. Seeing how many times a dude can bench press a certain amount of weight or how fast someone can run around some cones, or watching a QB throw in preset conditions without pads or the threat of being hit, does not prove anything to me. If I want to know about a player, I would watch film of the player I am interested in and then I would contact the player and invite him work out with my team in full gear in a full contact workout and then I would measure his worthiness to play for my team.

So there you have it. I don't know if I would be successful as an owner or not, but this is how I would run my organization. Oh and for the women that read my thoughts, some of you might understand just what this post is about, but the majority might not.

Don't sweat it Ma, this is just man talk.

5 comments:

E said...

cosigning your views on 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,&10. Oh wait, that's all of them!

Folk said...

BTW, E is Folk

Ms. Camile said...

Sigh....I have no idea what you are talking about lol. Sports...they don't bore me or anything, it's just that I can't retain ALL the rules for ALL these different sports. I figure, when I get married, I will choose the sport that my husband likes and then learn that one really well...Is that a good idea? ahahahahaha

~Cam

Reggie said...

Sound logic...

I am a diehard Steelers fan. I've been a Steelers fan through thick and thin. I loved the Bradshaw years, the O'Donnell years and I had been loving the Roethlisberger years prior to last month. No matter how it turns out though, I'll be watching my Steelers and pulling for them....drug takers and booty snatchers all.

I'm hoping we get better in this draft.

LaciRossetti199 said...

援交女豆豆出租情人視訊sogo論壇視訊辣妹桃園兼職援交辣妹視訊一對一視訊520sex日本視訊小魔女自拍av1688影音娛樂網辣手美眉甜心寶貝直播貼片免費色咪咪視訊網pc交友視訊美女ggoo免費視訊情色網咆哮小老鼠高雄援交夢中情人情趣用品sex888免費看影片波霸美女寫真sex888免費看影片視訊新竹援交留言0401成人聊天室甜心寶貝貼影片援交友留言桃園sogo 論壇080情人網視訊泳裝秀拓網交友色美眉免費看視訊免費色咪咪影片網 兼職援交聊天室ilover99a片天堂卡通aa片台灣情色網無碼avdvd色色網sexy diamond sex888入口高雄視訊辣妹自拍免費a片亞洲東洋影片hilive本土自拍天堂西門慶成人論壇 費 aaa 片試看dudu sex免費影片avdvd一夜情色妹妹免費情慾影片觀賞qq美美色網影片av免費影片日本 a 片自拍偷拍網站情色小說jp成人a 片日本avdvd女優xxx383美女寫真日本avdvd小魔女免費影城無碼avdvd無碼卡通情色情色論壇甜心寶貝貼片區Show-live視訊聊天室 情色免費A片情色偷拍免費A片一本道 a片 東京熱avdvd影片色美眉台中援交aa 片試看aaa 片試看情人輔助品成人網站做愛自拍偷拍免費試看av免費成人電影dudu sex免費 aa 片試看臺灣情色網線上免費a長片0204免費a片試看a片免費試看a片天堂台灣論壇成人a漫畫免費視訊聊天ing免費視訊美女aaa影片下載城卡通aa片免費看成人影片分享視訊聊天評比104免費成人情色文學小說