Tuesday, June 29, 2010

I am a Black man......Like no other

I have no idea where the thought came from for this post, but it hit me this morning so I put it in my memo app on my phone so I would not forget it, (they say the mind goes first)and here it is.

Enjoy......

I am a Black man that loves Hip Hop.....But I am also a Black man that can be caught listening to some Maroon 5, as I am right now while I am writing this.

I am a Black man that loves the sight and scent of a Black woman.....But I am also a Black man that would not hesitate to take a woman of another race home to meet my Moms.

I am a Black man that does not care if another man is Gay or not..... But I am also a Black man that does not understand how in the hell a man can be attracted to another man sexually.

I am a Black man that wishes every time I step outside my house, that I am seen as a man before I am seen as a BLACK man..... But I am also a Black man that was born and raised in the United States of AmeriKKKa.

I am a Black man that believes in God with everything I am... But I am also a Black man that believes that religion is a bunch of bullshit.

I am a Black man that voted for Barack Obama... (His color might have had a little something to do with it.)....But I am also a Black man that does not agree with everything that he has done since he got hired.

I am a Black man that believes that Slavery still has a very adverse effect on the way Black People are treated in this country.... But I am also a Black man that believes 85% of the problems that we (black people) face today are of our own doing.

I am a Black man that truly and honestly believes in Love.....But I am also a Black man that knows that the difference between love and hate is as close as one simple word said at the wrong time.

I am a Black man that hates stereotypes..... But I am also a Black man that tenses up whenever I see a group of Black men coming towards me wearing the same damn color in some shape or form.

I am a Black man that believes that a woman cannot teach a boy how to be a man, it takes a man.....But I am also a Black man that was raised solely by my Moms.

I am a Black man that has some very good White friends, some of them I consider my brothers and sisters from another mother.... But I am also a Black man that knows that I am still Black and they are still White. In AmeriKKKa.

I am a Black man that knows that all Black People have their roots in Africa.... But I am also a Black man that does not consider himself AFRICAN AMERICAN. I am an American that just so happens to have African roots.

I am a Black man that considers himself educated.... But I am also a Black man that can get ignorant with the best of them.

I am a Black man that hates to be in the company of Niggas.  I prefer to associate myself with Black people.... But I am also a Black man that uses the word NIGGA on a daily basis.

I am a Black man that hates the term "independent woman", But I am also a Black man that loves a woman that has independent ways.

I am a Black man that is not above apologizing when I am wrong about something....But I am also a Black man that refuses to apologize for something I meant to do.

I am a Black man that believes that Family is the most important thing a man has....But I am also a Black man that knows that family will bend you over and stick dick in your ass faster than a stranger will.

I am a Black man that loves a "thick" woman....But I am also a Black man that knows the difference between "PHAT" and FAT. (So don't ask me if those jeans make your ass look fat, because if you have to ask, then yes, they damn sho do.)

I am a Black man that wishes that "Black" was not a word that is used to describe me, since the word "Black"does not technically identify a Racial network of people.... But I am also a Black man, who like I said earlier, was born and raised in the United States of AmeriKKKa.

8 comments:

Reggie said...

I see that you're a man that I have much in common with.

Folk said...

D@mned that's deep.

Putting your words in context with the photo from OHN is quite awe inspiring.

cosign

BigmacInPittsburgh said...

I co-sign,couldn't have said it better!

Alee said...

"I am a Black man that believes in God with everything I am... But I am also a Black man that believes that religion is a bunch of bullshit"

You just described me with that statement.

Excellent post and blog.

Determination said...

love this post.. I bet a whole lot of us can identify with these same feelings.

Dirty Red said...

Reggie,
I told you before that great minds think alike.

Folk,
Thanks man. I appreciate it. And yeah the pic of me sporting my OHN digs was pretty fly huh?
Bigman,
From reading some of your posts,I think you might have been able to say it a little better. Just a little man just a little. LOL

Alee, Thanks Boo. I appreciate the love.

Determination,
I agree. I think that most of us do feel like this, we just don't express it.

krysiepredeoux said...

even thou i'm not a "black Man" i can agree about 90% of what you said.

Mos_Native said...

Awesome post. I identify with most of what you say.

p.s. love the t-shirt.