Thursday, June 24, 2010

There is something smelling pretty bad in the Gulf, and I ain't talking about the dead fish

In my short time here on this Earth I have been witness to some amazing changes in technology.

I have seen music go from albums, to cassette tapes, to cd's, to MP3 players, to cell phones.
I have seen televisions go from the little Black and White shits, to the  floor models that only had 4 colors, to big screens with lots of colors, to HD wall mounted TV's, to televisions in 3d.

And speaking of televisions, I have seen channels go from 3 or 4 to hundreds.
I have seen telephones go from hanging on the wall with the 20 foot cord, so I can drag it into my room for privacy, to cordless, to cell phones that were about 2 feet long, to phones that could fit in the palm of my hand, to no house phones at all, to phones that can control the temperature of your house.
I have seen computers that were as big as some rooms, to computers that could only do one thing at a time, to desk top computers, to lap top computers, to computers that can fit in your pocket.
I have seen cars go from the Cadillac's that the back bumper always fell off of, to cars that can parallel park themselves or tell you there is another car in your blind spot.

I can go on and on about the advances I have seen in my short 30 something years on this Earth.

And there is no telling what I will see in the next 30 something years.

So there is no excuse I can be given, seeing  all the scientific advances in damn near everything, from the way we cook our food, to the way we go get our food; that a damn oil leak cannot be plugged the hell up.

There is nothing that can be said to me that can explain why in 2010, when we have video games that mimic every move that you can make, that a supposedly technology savvy company like BP, cannot plug a hole in some pipes and stop the damn oil leaking into the damn gulf.

If this was 1920 when half the country still did not have electricity in their houses, I might be able to understand.
But in 2010?
Come on Son. I ain't trying to hear that shit.

And it is amazing to me how the damn pipes blew up about a month after the President was talking about starting off shore drilling to utilize the resources we already have, instead of relying on people that want to Jihad us to death.

Yep Son, I smell a damn rat.

2 months of oil leaking into the damn gulf?
With no known technology that can stop it?
In 2010?

That is almost as believable as me marrying Eva Mendez on the next full moon, with the Wolfman serving as my best man.
Or as believable as Michael Steele being elected to head the Redumlican Party based on his qualifications and Political smarts.
Yep...
I'm  really believing that.
Wink, Wink.... 

5 comments:

Reggie said...

Brother I don't know why it happened either; but you'd think that they'd have Aquaman or McGuyver or Godzilla or somebody that could stop that goddamned oil from leaking.

Shrimps gonna be expensive as hell next year.....even though most of ours probably comes from Vietnam.

Redbonegirl97 said...

You are absolutely right. It's amazing that we can do all that but not fix a leak. Maybe my son was right. If we all chew enough gum maybe we can plug it up.

Peace, Love and Chocolate
Tiffany

Kit (Keep It Trill) said...

I've been watching some video of before and after shots of the beaches, seeing vids of sharks and stingrays fleeing the more toxic areas in swarms... It's mind boggling.

The worse part is BP using those got damn oil dispersants. Corexit 9500. Poison. When the hurricane winds blow that toxic cocktail inland, a lotta folks are gonna get sick.

Damn I'm depressed.

Joanna said...

I have to confess, I was not paying ANY attention to the oil spill. Like, none... at all! And I call myself a conscious person!
After a conversation with a friend the other day, I started doing research on this whole BP situation. It is bad enough BP caused the worst environmental disaster ever in the US, but they are also going to sidestep the moratorium on offshore drilling. In Alaska, they have project Liberty going forward. They were able to obtain permits by conducting their own environmental impact study instead of the regulators doing the job. And, even though the base of the operation is 3 miles off the coast, it is not being designated as offshore drilling since they built a 33 acre island to serve as the base of operations!

Alee said...

That's the same thing I was thinking. C'mon son! Is it really taking this long to get a damn oil spill cleaned up with as much technology as we have?