Friday, September 3, 2010

Really?

I have been neglecting my lil ole blog lately and I apologize. I am going through some unnecessary ass shit in my personal life and I have not felt like coming here. I still don't feel like being here now, but some shit happened that I feel the need to talk vent about.

What the hell is acting, talking or dressing "black"?

Why does everything I do as a Black man have to fit into what AmeriKKKa has defined as being "BLACK"?
Why the fuck can't I just be a Black man in AmeriKKKa, without having the label of being a BLACK man in AmeriKKKa?

Just because I like to wear classic rock band t-shirts, Chuck Taylor sneakers, well worn, (or new, but looks well worn) jeans that fit, (I have no desire to look like an ex-con), I am not Black enough?

Really?

Just because I can talk without using Ebonics whenever I feel the need to, I am not "hood" enough?
Because I choose to listen to rock music I am a sellout?
Because I choose not to eat fried foods with sweet ass sweet sweet ass Iced Tea at every meal I am "uppity"?
Because I do not frequent the neighborhood Mega Church and I do not treat the Preacher of said mega church like he was with Moses when he parted the Red Sea, I am going to hell?

Because I refuse to blame White People for everything that is fucked up with Black People, I know that Black People are 75% of the blame for everything that is fucked up with Black People, I am not Black enough?
Because I think that Black People are stupid for swinging from the nut sack of every Democrat that only comes around every election cycle, be they Black or White, and NEVER does anything but give sound-bites on how they will "change" shit, I will have to learn the hard way?

I can go on and on about how just because I choose to think and I refuse to follow anybodies lead but mine, because  I question shit that most of my Black brothers and sisters have come to accept as the very word of God and because I am not ashamed to be me instead of what AmeriKKKa has told the world I am, I am considered as "different" from the rest.

I cannot stand it.
It is like I am expected to be the definition of everything negative that is in the world. I am expected to be everything except what I am.... A free thinking MAN.

Sometimes I think that being born Black in a country that can only see shit in Black and White, can be both a gift and a damn curse.

More curse than gift though.

9 comments:

Reggie said...

I see that you are truly my brother from another mother, because I couldn't have said any of that shit better myself.

I blogged about "talking white/talking black" back when I was on Yahoo 360. I never cease to be amazed at just how goddamned stupid people are......

It is what it is I suppose.

bigmacinpittsburgh-jcm1021 said...

Welcome to the club of growth,where men refuse to fall for the streo-types of Black manhood in america.

nachalooman said...

Hi there, Dirty Red! Please take what I say in the spirit that Im trying to give it which is to be uplifting--it's just my opinion:

"What the hell is acting, talking or dressing "black"?"
It's our culture, that we forged living here in Amerikkka. We do some things differently than others, and that's OK. Some of those things are fairly questionable and some are unfairly questioned.

The way Coltrane plays jazz, the Marsalis plays, the way Naz raps, the way my son produces hip hop!

The dynamic way that "ghetto youth" create new ways to speak the english language--Uniqueness, instead of invisibility! To differentiate ourselves--to create ourselves in this land that would make us disappear if it could.

It's the way we cook. We put alot of love in our cooking--some of it is not the best, but we are moving away from that with all the cookbooks that speak to recreating our soulfood to be more healthy and still have that soulful love in it!

It's the stylish way my husband puts his clothes together! He stands out and looks good, and he's wearing simple jeans and simple shoes, not overpriced!
Even the black youth-deeply hated by most--are seeking to be unique and they have the ability with clothing! Some go overboard with it in our opinion, but guidance can draw them back in, easily. We don't WANT to conform!

Anna Renee

nachalooman said...

Part 2--bear with me, DIRTY RED!

You said:
"Just because I can talk without using Ebonics whenever I feel the need to, I am not "hood" enough?
Because I choose to listen to rock music I am a sellout?
Because I choose not to eat fried foods with sweet ass sweet sweet ass Iced Tea at every meal I am "uppity"?
Because I do not frequent the neighborhood Mega Church and I do not treat the Preacher of said mega church like he was with Moses when he parted the Red Sea, I am going to hell?"

This is a very unfair and narrow statement about black folks, Red.
I happen to love some rock music, some good white music!
I can speak "Ebonics" when it's necessary, and speak the King's English when it's necesary!
I eat fried foods, and healthy foods too! That doesn't define me as a black person.
I frequent the neighborhood "MegaChurch" that does tons of work in our community! With every sermon, our church calls people to join in the fight for social justice and uplift! And my megachurch isn't the only one heeding this call!
I know that Jesus is Lord, not my pastor, though I highly respect him for his dedication and sacrifice to the black struggle, which is our call in our black neighborhood and the world!

nachalooman said...

Part 3--Sorry Dirty, but Im almost done:
You also said:
"Because I refuse to blame White People for everything that is fucked up with Black People, I know that Black People are 75% of the blame for everything that is fucked up with Black People, I am not Black enough?
Because I think that Black People are stupid for swinging from the nut sack of every Democrat that only comes around every election cycle, be they Black or White, and NEVER does anything but give sound-bites on how they will "change" shit, I will have to learn the hard way?"

Dirty Red, it's not this simplistic, brother! Black people are not STUPID! We are POWERLESS!!
There's a difference.
White people are victims of the shitstem, just as blacks are. They are manipulated to be racist minded against black to have an outlet to rage against while they are being ROBBED BLIND by the same SHITSTEM they trusted in!!

When schools in black neighborhoods are too poor to teach; when black people are turned away from jobs for numerous subtle, unprovable reasons; when black neighborhoods are redlined; when blacks are turned away for bankloans; when blacks are demonized for being force into an alternative economy; when drugs are dumped in our communities to facilitate that economy; when prison are built with statistics about black male failure at the third grade level; and when the poverty forces those to the drug trade that forces those into the prisons where they are working at slave wages---
THEN brother Red, I know that black people are NOT 75% of what is fucked up with us! It's a wonder that we all arent stark raving mad running the streets!! But instead, we keep fighting against this oppression!!!

White people are not our true problem: American Imperialism is! And it's most white's problem as well!

Another part of the brilliance of oppression is to make one feel its our own fault that we are oppressed! That way our hands are tied along with our brains and we simply start hating ourselves and each other.
Much love, brother!
from your sister in the battle, Anna Renee

Folk said...

Yeah, it's more curse that gift. I got to cosign every fvcking thing you said. Shyt, I been doing some deep thought myself and been doing some social commentary because it just seems shyt is just so fvcking backwards.

Dirty Red said...

Yep Reggie...."It is what it is I suppose" Truer Words have never been spoken....

BigMac,
Yeah I guess. But it is a damn shame that I got the idea for this rant of mine from experiences I've had with fellow "brothers" and "sisters".

Anna Renee,
I hear all of what you said loud and clear....But you really said all you needed to say with this...
"It's our culture, that we forged living here in Amerikkka. We do some things differently than others, and that's OK. Some of those things are fairly questionable and some are unfairly questioned."
But like I said I heard everything you were saying.

Folk, I think you meant to say 'ass-backwards'....At least that is what I would have said anyway...

Black Man said...

I'm a black rocker to dude!
Be proud of that shit! I used to be a closeted head banger until one day I just said fuck it.

Bellini said...

Hey Dirty Red, i like the different feel. cheers