Friday, December 24, 2010

Is there an Heaven for a G?

The other morning before I went to get my workout on, I was channel surfing the tube and I came across a show I have glanced at before but never actually finished a full episode of. It is the show SUPERNATURAL and this particular episode got me to thinking. In this particular episode, the two main characters Sam and Dean, were killed and went to heaven. But the heaven in this episode is not the heaven we have all been led to believe to it is. This heaven was different.  This heaven was not clouds and golden streets and angels sitting around playing harps. In this episode everyones  heaven was different. Example.....If you enjoyed sitting at home playing video games and eating pizza and drinking coke all day, then when you finally kicked the bucket from high blood pressure and bad cholesterol, then that is what your heaven was; an eternity of  Halo 3, pizza and coke. In other words, where ever you loved being and what ever you enjoyed doing here on Earth, then that is what your heaven would be when you die.

So I got to thinking if this shit were real and heaven was actually like this, what would my heaven be?

I have blogged before about how when I was much younger and much dumber, I loved the Hood. I loved living and being in the "ghetto". I loved being on the street. I loved the smell of it; the excitement of it, the thrill of knowing that anything might pop off at any given moment. I was addicted to the adrenaline of being out in the street. I still have a soft spot for the "hood".

Now that I am older, I love the water. I love the beach. I love the sound the water makes when it splashes up on shore. Nothing is more calming to me than hearing the waves splash up on the beach at night when it is so dark you can't even see the water.I love the smell of the salt. I love the feel of sand in between my toes. I love the calmness and serenity of being near the ocean. I have told my wife numerous times that if we win the lottery I am going to buy me an island somewhere in the Caribbean and never come back to the mainland.

So what would my heaven be?

Would it be the hood-life I loved as a snot-nosed kid, or would it be the calmness and healing properties of the ocean I love as a grown ass man.?

I guess I could deal with either, since I am still somewhat attracted to the dangerous world of the street and I absolutely love the beach.

Maybe God would really bless me and give me properties of both?

What would your heaven be?

1 comment:

Reggie said...

Yeah off the top of my head I can think of something I loved the smell of, tasting and being in all the time....maybe that's my heaven?!?