Tuesday, August 9, 2011

No matter how much shit changes; shit smells the same

I am in the great state of Georgia for the next 3 weeks.

I am down here going to a school I need for advancement in my military career.

I have not been down here since 1991.
20 damn years ago.

I look around and I am surrounded by kids that are young, dumb and full of cum just like I was 20 years ago.

Damn I feel old.

These kids have no idea what they are getting themselves into;just like I didn't. They think they are on top of the world;just like I did. Nobody but a drill sergeant can tell them anything;just like I was.

Kids.

Kids all ready to go do grown folks business in Afghanistan, Iraq or any of the other "stans" that are our new "sworn" enemies.

It's a trip because when I was here the first time, the first Iraq war; started by Daddy Bush was in full swing.
Now 20 years later, 2 wars started by his son Jr. is the "new" hotness.

It's amazing how no matter how much shit changes; shit smells the same.

Kids.

Damn.

5 comments:

Tiffany said...

Ain't that the truth.

Peace, Love and Chocolate,
Tiffany

Hawa said...

Hey Red!

I took the longest blog vacation EVAH! I'm starting to hit my old favorites, so here I am.

Good to see you're still blogging.

My ex is a military vet. He often comments about the young men entering the military now, and would like to see them get the same candid pep talk he received before going in. An older uncle in the military helped him prepare mentally, and he said the info was priceless.

Brotha Wolf said...

You can say that again, Red.

Reggie said...

Amen to that brother.

Dirty Red said...

Tiffany,

Yep..I shake my head every damn day..

Hawa,
Well look what the cat drug in!!Hey Ma!!Glad you decide to end your hiatus at my humble abode.

Brother Wolf,
You probably could have said it better my brother...

And the same goes out to you too Reggie..I am just a little fish swimming with sharks the like of you and My man wolf..