Thursday, August 4, 2011

On a scale of 1-10......

I was asked the other day by one of my white colleagues what I think of our President and the job he is doing.

I had to stop and think about this a little because normally me and this dude does not talk that much. But we were working together that day and somehow the conversation turned towards politics. At first I thought that the question was a trick to draw out something negative; since you all know that White People love to hear Black people bash other Black people that are in some position of power; you know what I mean, that ole divide and conquer thang; so I told myself to choose my words wisely.

I told him I think he has accomplished a lot in his short time in office; more than damn near any other President before him.. .
But...
I told him I ain't all that impressed with him. I think he concedes too damn much.
I think he tries so hard to not be the Angry Black man, that he bends over way too easy. He tries to get along with people that he should just tell to go fuck themselves. I think he needs to show the world whose nuts are swinging.
This is what I think.
But...Another But...

Has he been a bad President?
Ummmmmm. No.

He has shown some flashes of brilliance. He has proven to me and the rest of the stereo type believers here in this great country of ours that there are educated, soft-spoken, strong Black men walking amongst us. He has proven that you don't need to slap a ho to get your point across. Even though slapping a few hos is exactly what he needs to do sometimes.

So I am kinda torn on this subject. He has disappointed me, but he has given me hope too. He has me asking sometimes, "man what the fuck is this dude doing? Why does he put up with that bullshit?" But then I turn around and say, "Man that is one smooth brother. Damn."

So basically that is what I told my co-worker.
I don't approve of everything that the man has done..But I give the man credit on the things he has done.

So there you have it..

What say you ole faithful readers?
How do you grade our HNIC?

7 comments:

Ankhesen MiƩ said...

What did your white co-worker say?

Serenity Love Sincere Peace Earth said...

People have short memories. Everything that Obama promised to do in his campaign, he has done. Healthcare... done. Ending the war... done. Pulling the country back from the brink of a depression... done. Getting Bin Laden... done. Ne said he'd need 2 terms to fix the economy. Just for keeping his word I'd say A+. And he is just 1 branch of the government. This isn't a dictatorship. He can't say boo and it be done.

Took bush 2 terms to fuck us over unmercifully. Most folks don't Understand how the game of politics is played and they expected Obama to be more "Black." But the night he was elected he said he was the President of the ENTIRE country. Not just the Black people. And no where in his job description does it say he owes us anything. Last time I checked, Black folks were not the majority in this country. Therefore we can't elect solely based on our vote.

Peace

Daij said...

I have to agree with Serenity

Dirty Red said...

Ankhessen,
He is a "Christian" Conservative...So I will give you three guesses as to what he said. That is why I don't talk to the dude very much.

Serenity,

Everything you said was spot on.
I still feel like he needs to stand up to those racist ass people he works with more...but the man has done a pretty good job with what he was given. I wish I were a fly on the wall so I can see if he does tell those idiots to go fuck themselves privately; but publicly...he ain't showing much. But I guess the old saying is true huh? Real G's move in silence.

Daij,

Yep..Serenity definitely held it down on this one huh?

Brotha Wolf said...

Another great blog as usual.

I agree with Serenity as well.

Constructive Feedback said...

Dirty Red:

As a Black man who is "Viewing" the antics of the Black community during Obama's time in office - I have concluded:

The gap between the "Marketing Of Obama By Black Supporters" and the painful truth on the streets of the Black community is the WEIGHT of the WATER that some Black people choose to carry on behalf of :
* Obama
* Progressivism
* The Democratic Party

The sad truth is that if Obama was not Black and Progressive AND the exact same conditions were felt within Black America - the responses would be very, very, very different.

Here is the think bro - I can't control your thinking nor your system of values (and valuation).

The only thing that I can do as a person that is documenting how this behavior is associated with stagnant development within our community - is to make sure that people with this type of subjective consciousness are never allowed to control any institution that I am dependent upon.

They have shown themselves to have appetites that can be satisfied by elements that are out of sync with what they were known to be seeking prior to a "favorable person" got into power. Thus they don't deserve to have their "permanent interests" satisfied since they are willing to barter them.

Constructive Feedback said...

[quote]Healthcare... done. [/quote]

Serenity:

With favorable people over our schools, over our local economic policy, over our culture: HOW MANY MORE BLACK PHYSICIANS are there today - having matriculated through these institutions, thus proving that the governance of our local communities are in line with our community needs?

You DID NOT GET HEALTHCARE!!!
You got more regulations which direct the NATIONAL system to direct more resources to you from a bankrupt nation.

[quote]Ending the war... done.[/quote]

Dirty Red - One benefit with Obama bombing Libya with unmanned Drones is that you won't have to be the "boots on the ground" for this war in Africa by the American Imperialist and 3 African Colonists. Thank you for your service bro.

[quote] Pulling the country back from the brink of a depression... done.[/quote]

Serenity - can you point to the increased productivity in the communities that you are most focused upon?
It seems that Federal Reserve "new money" printed is sufficient to satisfy you.

[quote]
Getting Bin Laden... done.[/quote]
I can't imagine that you would support one of the Navy Seals who later became a police man in America - shooting an unarmed Black man in the head during a raid?


[quote] Ne said he'd need 2 terms to fix the economy. Just for keeping his word I'd say A+.[/quote]

In summary "Hope & Change" that got you to invest your "equal Black ballot" is going to require more time and another investment of your ballot and your Black Consciousness.

[quote]And he is just 1 branch of the government.[/quote]

Why not go vertical and consider the Progressives that have been placed into power at every rung of government where our people have the final say. Despite them being in multiple branches - our people are massively suffering.

Can you be more arbitrary on what satisfies you?