Thursday, October 6, 2011

Nigger, Nigger Nigger..How many times can I fit the word Nigger in this post?

I live in Dallas, Texas.

I like it here. It had to grow on me, the whole TEXAS thing, but it ain't bad here. Not bad at all.
Before I came here I thought the whole state was nothing but Rednecks, cows and more Rednecks.
Now don't get me wrong...There are a lotta Rednecks, cows and more Rednecks..but it ain't like what I pictured it to be. There are a quite a few places just outside of the Dallas and Ft.Worth city limits where "the coloreds" would be best not to visit. That is the case for all the rural areas outside of every major city here. I assume it is like that for every major city in the country. But to tell the truth...I have seen more racism from the Mexicans here than I have from the usual white suspects. For some reason The "Blacks" and the "Browns" do not seem to get along.

Anyways....

When I heard about the name of our Governor's families hunting lodge; it didn't really surprise me, but in a way it did. I mean come on son, you are the Governor of one of the biggest states in the country and a Presidential candidate; and you didn't think a hunting lodge named NIGGERHEAD would be noticed by the media?

Really?

Now I ain't mad at ole Slick Rick...I mean he ain't the one that wrote NIGGERHEAD on the rock that everyone has to see before they go into this hunting compound. But since he is now in the national spotlight; I kinda sorta think that his people should have told him that either he needs to stay away from NIGGERHEAD, or he should get the NIGGERHEAD rock removed.

That is just bad buisness.

But then what can I say about NIGGERHEAD?

Not to much; since the word Nigga is a daily part of my vocabulary.
How can I say anything about anyone that uses the same word that I use?

I know the history behind the word and all that Bullshit...But this is 2011.
The word Nigger and who might slip up and say it is not on my list of priorities at the moment.
There are a lot of things more important going on in my life  that need my undivided attention more than some word that a White person might use.

Is NIGGER offensive?
Yes.
Should I or anyone else use it?
No.
Will I stop using it?
Probably not.
Will Rick Perry or other White people stop using it?
Most definitely not.

This is America people.
The word NIGGER is engrained into the very paper that our great Constitution was written on. There will always be Niggers in America. The biggest Niggers are the ones up in Washington DC.
Now it is a damn shame that when the word NIGGER is said by anyone; the picture that always pops into a persons mind is a picture of a person that looks like me. But I can name off a quite  few Niggers that don't fit the description of a 6'2" , 215 pound Black Male.

But like I said this is America.

And we as Black people in America spend too much time worrying and raising hell about the wrong shit.

Who gives a shit what Rick Perry's family named their hunting lodge? Will us protesting in front of the lodge until they take down the rock, help the millions of Black Americans in this country that are unemployed?

Will it stop other Black Americans from killing each other daily on the streets of our neighborhoods?
Will it stop the AIDS epidemic that is killing us off?
What about the "schools" in our communities? Will protesting over a hunting lodges name improve them?
Will it take the drugs out of our neighborhoods?
Will it make the entertainers that are so beloved by us change the lyrics to their songs?
Will it help us stabilize our family structure by advocating a 2 parent household?
Will it teach our youth that it is better to learn  to read and write than it is to learn the fundamentals of throwing  a football or dunking a basketball?

Can anyone answer me that?
I'll wait.....
No? Not one answer? Yeah...I thought so...

Why should I get mad at a White Person or anybody for that matter, that lets the whole world know who they really are?

I respect that kind of person more than I respect a Nigger that orchestrates a protest of a hunting lodge named NIGGERHEAD; while all the while he is lining his pockets with the money all the Niggers gave him to orchestrate the protest; while the Niggers protesting and giving money to the Nigger that told them to protest;don't have a pot to piss in or a window to throw it out of and no means of getting said pot or said window.

Yeah I said it.

6 comments:

Reggie said...

I like to know who I'm dealing with. I prefer it that way.

Nigger isn't a word that I use on a regular basis.

Brotha Wolf said...

I always say that racism is as American as appie pie, and nigger is part of the dark spirit of America. The NAACP tried to have mock funeral to bury the word, but it did as much good as giving shoes to a legless man. It's ingrained in this society and it's mentality.

Chatterbox said...

As alway... well stated! I so enjoy your persprctive.

the mommy said...

There are many hateful and offensive words that can be used in an attempt to define, disempower, and objectify people.

But I tend to believe that the words people use do not define the world around them, but rather simply defines themselves.

We use language as a way of self expression. The words chosen only reflect the mind and character of the speaker. Nothing else.

Dirty Red said...

"I like to know who I'm dealing with. I prefer it that way".

Reggie, my point exactly. But I am guilty of using the word more than I should. Sometimes it just slips out..I have been saying it all my life..no excuses..it just is what it is...

Wolf,
Yep...As usual I could not have said this better.

Chatterbox,
Thanks boo..Much appreciated.

Mommy,
Yep words have power. That is the sho nuff truth.

Lasailor N said...

i don't understand all cause i m french but i think you r blog is good !

http://sailor-n.blogspot.com/