Thursday, March 1, 2012

How much Indian do you have in your family Boo? I mean besides the Indian weave in your head?

Sometimes I don't understand my people.

I got into a heated discussion with a woman the other day about her wanting to get a Blond weave. I told her that I thought it was a bad idea.

First, I do not like weaves. I think it is a way of Black women conforming to what this European based society tells them  is beautiful instead of them realizing that they are beautiful without all the  extra bullshit ass bullshit "enhancements."

Second, I do not understand why a Black woman would want Blond hair.

I mean really?

Who the hell told them that Blond hair was beautiful? I admit on some White women it looks good..but that is on WHITE women.
What is wrong with your natural hair? Who told you that your natural god given kinky, thick hair was not good enough?

Third, Did I mention that I don't like weaves? Why would any sane woman want to get another woman's hair sewn, glued or tied to their head? Covering up their real shit?

I don't get it.

Black women are some of the most beautiful women on the face of the earth.
Why do they feel the need to conform to what this society tells them is beautiful, when it goes against everything that God made them to be?

Me.. I love women with Afros', Braids, natural hair that has been permed or even the short "Cesar" do's.

But weaves? It just seems so fake to me. It is like you are lying to me. If you lie about something as trivial as your hair..what else will you lie about?

I don't understand it.. But I guess it is what it is.

Blond weaves, Red weaves, short weaves or just weave ass weaves..get on my damned nerves.

But there are a lot of things I see my people doing that I just don't get.

Like going to a nice Italian restaurant and asking the server if they have any fried chicken on the menu.

Really?

Where is that shit normal at?

I mean outside of Detroit that is.

8 comments:

BigmacInPittsburgh said...

I'm sitting here rolling on the floor laughing so hard at this post,dirtyred you hit the nail with the hammer.

Reggie said...

I'm not a fan of Kool-Aid colored hair or these ridiculous extensions. But I guess it's your hair as long as you've got the receipt.

7dp said...

Weaves are acceptable as a styling option however when women think weaves are their only option there is a problem. Addressing the weave alone is skimming the surface, I like how you touched on black women conforming to white standards of beauty. I feel that the majority of the black race is insecure. I urge MEN to encourage their women to rock their natural hair, make them feel beautiful. You can't just say weaves are nasty ... make your women feel comfortable in the skin they are in ... because ultimately ... they are not comfortable.

http://sevendeadlypoets.blogspot.co.nz/2011/07/mane-attraction.html

Keala Jacobs said...

YES! I wish my people would learn to love themselves. That is why I teach my children to love us.

LovindaskinImin said...

I dont see how a woman wearing a weave automatically equates self hatred or them being insecure. Its jus a styling option for convenience. Also how does wearing a weave mean that she's lying to you? Unless she's claiming that its hers i dont see the big deal. Women of all races wear weaves/extension so why do people focus so much on african american women. I'll wear a weave and I'll also rock my beautiful curly wavy natural hair any day it just depends on what I'm in the mood for. #ItsJustHair.com

Mysterious Mind said...

sI have a twa (teenie weenie afro) after deciding to go natural back in November. But I think it depends on why the woman wants the weave. For me, I use it as a protective style meaning to protect the ends of my natural hair. Its low maintenance and helps your hair grow without overstyling it. I can also wear my hair long, short, wavy, or curly at any given time with weave. Now if a woman is wearing it because she thinks thats the way society thinks you should look then I think that is wrong. Growing up I was told by friends and family you should have straight hair without kinks. I love my kinks and all but african american women's hair is versatile so if changing up your hair style requires weave then so be it. Now for the bright red, blonde, and other crazy colors thats a bit much. Its one thing to add highlights to your hair and another to alter your color all together.

Jilted Bride said...

I actually have natural hair and I love the fact that I can kink it up or flat iron it depending on the look I'm going for. However, I have now found that I am going for a weave because I am looking for different ways to protect and grow MY natural hair. If done right, a weave can help a Sista protect her hair. I am a dark sister, therefore I will not be getting a blond weave, LOL! However, I love my hair and that's why I AM getting a weave. Just giving a different perspective.

Harish Kumar said...

Really very nice post its information is really very nice thanks to share this post.
Indian Hair