Thursday, June 28, 2012

I used to love her

I'm guessing- you need a lesson- in mic blessing- while you stressin' -I'm coming at you in all directions- Son there's no need for any questions..just sit back and relax while I deliver this mic confession. The way I come across is kind of rude and arrogant-but I can't help that you can't get what I can get- repent- the lord of the ring is in your area- I'm here to defeat the ones that are scared of ya- I'm telling ya- you needs to back up and turn around clown-I'm down- to pound your little rep into the ground-your sound- is kinda beneath mine son-In case you ain't heard I'm slaying all punks with no guns- Just these words that flow like the lava from St. Helen- I'm telling- all you punks to quit your yelling.....

OK that's enough.

In case you are wondering...this is a little rhyme I wrote years ago when I thought I was the baddest MC on the block. I was cleaning up my home office today and I stumbled across my "dope rhyme" notebook that I used to write in when I was younger. This shit had me reminiscing son! Going through my old notebook had me thinking about how life used to be. How different everything was back then. Now mind you this was in the mid to late 80's that I wrote this rhyme, but hell it is better than half of the bullshit that is out now. Hip-Hop was pure then. It had meaning. Sure it was full of young cats bragging about shit they ain't got, shit they wish they had; but it was mainly a good clean release. Back then Hip-Hop was innocent sort to speak.

But now?

Really Son?

Hip-Hop is a bunch of watered down beats with no rhyme saying ass young punks that are only looking to get paid.  Hip-Hop ain't nothing now but a bunch of studio gangsta's that have no idea that the "music" that they are making is destroying the minds of the kids that are listening to it.

But even though most of today's "urban" music is that bullshit..I still catch myself nodding my head to some Young Jezzy...

What?

 Don't judge son...Don't Judge.

5 comments:

Brotha Wolf said...

You're not by yourself, man. Lots of people feel that hip-hop has been dumbed down severely. Even Lupe Fiasco made a song about it which I know scared the shit out of music execs.

Reggie said...

Damn brother.

Donnell Harvey said...

I have but one compliant with you Red you take to long between posts I know you have a 9to5 but you owe us at least once a week you have a following and if I could write like you but I can't I've got my wife reading blogs because of you an I've turned several co-workers on to you. Well thats it write more
Peace

Dirty Red said...

Wolf,
What's up my brother!!Damn son..I thought you forgot about a brother!Hip Hop could not get any worse man.

Reggie,
Yeah man I was a lyrical beast in my youth.

Donnell,
Well shit man... I really appreciate that for real. I have a following? really? Shit. I will try to do better man. I can't dissapoint my adoring fans! lol

No Labels said...

"Hip-Hop is a bunch of watered down beats with no rhyme saying ass young punks that are only looking to get paid. Hip-Hop ain't nothing now but a bunch of studio gangsta's that have no idea that the "music" that they are making is destroying the minds of the kids that are listening to it."

Yes, it seems that Hip Hop has lost its' Soul...I'm nostalgic for the way it once was.