Friday, June 1, 2012

Living to Die

I wonder sometimes why we are here and why we do the things we do. Sometimes it seems as if there is no rhyme or reason to life.

What is our purpose here? By here I mean here on this ball of gas floating in space. What exactly are we supposed to be doing?

Think about it for a second. The moment we are born and take our first breath...it is a countdown to our last breath. Some people have longer breaths than others and the others have breaths that are unusually short.

We grow...we love...we hate.. then we die.

So what is the purpose of our existence?
What exactly are we supposed to be doing here?
Are we supposed to be subjects to a God that no one alive or dead has ever seen? Or talked to?
Or are we supposed to rule ourselves?

Are we supposed to model  our lives after a book written thousands of years ago by other men?

Or are we supposed to live our own lives the way we want to?

Who decided that we have to go by certain rules? Who decided who makes the rules in the first place?

Who told you that your rules on how you want to live will somehow be the rules I want to live by?
What makes you better than me?

These are a few question I ask myself from time to time when I  see people doing shit that I don't understand.

I ask these questions when I see someone who I consider too young to die, dies.
I ask these questions when I see some people having 5 or 6 kids that they don't want; while other people that desperately want kids cannot have them.
I ask these questions when I see some people work their fingers to the bone day in and day out until they take that last breath and end dying up with nothing; while some people don't do a damn thing their whole life and it seems as if they have the world at their feet.
I ask these questions when I see a person "do the right thing" forever and constantly get shitted on; while some people go through their lives doing the shitting and live a kings life.

This is that bullshit son.

Sometimes it makes a brother just want to say fuck it and stop doing anything.

I mean what's the use to try to  live "right" when we are all waiting to take that last breath anyway?

What's the purpose?

4 comments:

diaryofanegress said...

I think about that all the time...my purpose here on this earth. As a black woman, I'm constantly asking questions, mostly "why?"

Only God knows the answer to that, my friend. Something that I do know...AmeriKlan would be more than glad if we all perished...believe it. So keep up the faith...please and never give up.

Come see me at diaryofanegress.com

Anna Renee said...

Brother, here is a black woman's view of what the meaning of life is. Check her out and see if you agree.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAJmteyuyGQ&list=UUttjrp4Gj95DM4SQGpeDtvQ&feature=plcp

Reggie said...

I've often asked the very same questions myself..........I've yet to come up with a good answer. Maybe there are no good answers?!?

Dirty Red said...

Diary,
I cannot and will not give up. It is just sometimes I just wonder what the hell all this bullshit means...I will most def check you out..Thanks for the invite Boo.

Anna Renee,
I am on the sidelines on this one. SOme of what she said is spot on but some of it left me scratching my head.

Reggie,

As always you get it man. There is no good answer. I guess it is what it is.