I bit the idea for this post from one of my favorite spots Ohh Hell Nawl... The post in question was written by a contributor over there.. my man Folk.
What is your bucket list?
What are some of the things you want to do before you check out of this world and jump on on the express train for the next one?
One of my best and oldest friends was killed this weekend. He was hit by a fucking truck going the wrong damn way as he was getting out of his car. He was hit by a gat-damn truck people!! What was fair about that shit? This dude was always the life of any party. He was the best barber in North Carolina. He used to cut my hair after school in his bedroom WAY before he starting fading shit professionally. He was my dude..my guy...my Nigga. Whenever I go back to North Carolina to see my people; he was always the second person I wanted to see. He always told me that he was proud of me for beating the trap and moving away from the negativity that we grew up around.
My Nigga... Carl "Butta Man" Hopper.
Anyways before I start boo-hooing again....
What is your bucket-list? As I have just expressed, this shit we call life can be over in a second. One minute you are jamming Rick Ross in your whip; open the fucking door; and WHAM!! A damn truck going the wrong fucking way punches your ticket.
There are a some things I would like to do....
1. I want to go to a nude beach just to see if I can just let it all hang out in public. What? Don't judge.
2. I want to see my Grand kids grown.. (If I have any)
3. I want to get my money right to where I'm comfortable. I don't want to be rich...Just comfortable.
4. I want to live in London for a little while. Not long.. A couple months maybe.
5.I want to improve my Spanish.
6. I want to finish the book I been trying to write for the past 5 years.
7. I want to meet Colin Powell.
8. I want to design and live in my own house.
9. I want to rebuild from scratch a 69 Mustang Shelby.. You know... Eleanor.
10. I want to continue to get in shape so I can finally look in the mirror and see that I have that Tyrese body..(No homo fellas... Just a little man crush I guess.)
So my fellow bloggers and lurkers... Share yours with me...
Dedicated to my dude...my friend...my brother... Carl "ButtaMan" Hopper.. You are missed now and forever...