Saturday, December 8, 2012

Vent Session

 This is a a little something that has been on my mind lately.. This shit really pisses me off.  I wasn't going to write about it..but I was reading the comments over at CNN's "Black in America" part 25 and some of the comments over there straight made me want to go get the jammy and flat blast some of my pale faced cousins. I think in a couple of days I will write about stereotypes in this great nation of ours and how some Black Americans go out of their way to make them seem true..but for now....

Why the hell are Black people the only group of people in America that has to have "leaders?"

Who the hell are the White leaders? What about the Hispanic leaders? The Asian leaders? Or the Native American leaders?

Why the hell are we the only ones that need "leadership?"

And why in the hot ass Texas hell do all Black people get lumped into one category if one prominent Black person fucks up? Or if one Black politrickster says something, then ALL Black people are saying it?

Seriously Son?

Are we not capable of thinking for ourselves? Did God not give us minds to think on our own?

Really?

Let me see.......

When the politrikster got caught in the men's room in the Minnesota airport campaigning for dick a couple of years ago, did that set the White and Gay community back? Why was he not considered a leader?

Is Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Glenn Beck considered White leaders?  Are their views "White" views?
Is Sarah Palin the leader of the White Women's Coalition?

What about John Edwards? Is he considered a white leader? Does his hoeing around set White Politricks in South Carolina back decades?

What about our former President and Vice president? Does their actions throw White Politricks down the toilet? Do white people consider them leaders?

Why does every prominent person in the Black community get the tag of Black "Leader?" Why can't they just be who they are, whether that be Sports star, movie star, singer or politrickster or heaven forbid... A business leader?

Why does the world  America feel that  Black People are incapable of existing without someone to hold our fucking hands?

And to add insult to injury, why do we (Black People) feel that we need to be coddled and lead like a teenager being chaperoned to their first school dance?

Every Black person that has a little extra change in their pocket is not a "leader". Every Black Politician does not represent me or my views. Every Black person in this damn country does not think like I do. I do not need to be led around by a leash as if I was a damn puppy.

I am a leader in my own right, since I run a household and I try to lead the best life I can.
The whole notion of Black "leaders" is degrading to me. If I choose to go out and murder 10 people today, my actions does not reflect the whole Black American population.

This shit is insulting to my intelligence.

I think my next post might be about how White Women are all ditsy,violent, hoish alcoholics, because I read in a magazine how Lindsey Lohan spent her weekend.

7 comments:

Serenity Love Sincere Peace Earth said...

Truer words were never spoken

LoVe.Peace.Curls.♥ said...

You're right, it's very insulting. I feel this way all the time, especially when watching/reading the news. It's like we're not seen as a group of adults, but as a wild group of banshees running amuck, so anyone who appears "better than" that stereotype is automatically thrust into the role of leader of the pack. I think that's why there's such a discrepancy in the way the country views stories of crime and things like that among black people. We're expected to fail, even before we've attempted. So when someone makes it big, they're assumed to be taking on the responsibility that is obviously too huge for them. And really, all many of us want to do is live.

Reggie said...

I don't need to be lead, I'm good.

Brotha Wolf said...

And why in the hot ass Texas hell do all Black people get lumped into one category if one prominent Black person fucks up? Or if one Black politrickster says something, then ALL Black people are saying it?

THIS right here, that's what I'm talking about!

bayoucreole said...

So true! I just want to curl up like one of those lil pill bugs when I hear people talk about the leaders of the black community.

Dirty Red said...

Serenity,
Well thank you.. I do try.

Love Peace and curls,
Well said.

Reggie,
I know.. You are not going to eat any of their food!!..LMAO!1

Wolf,
Yep.. That is that bullshit

Bayoucreole,
Me and you both.. It just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

No Labels said...

Speak on that. I am definitely feeling where you are coming from.