Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Black don't crack

I was told the other day that I do not look my age.
I was told that I look at least 10 years younger than I am.

Of course I took that as a compliment;since no one in their right mind wants to look old. I'm not old..I turned 40 a couple of months back..but no one wants to look 40. Hell no one wants to look 30.

People that tell me I look good for my age pisses me off..'I look good for my age'..really? Bytch, I look good for any age....


 Anyways... back on topic...

 Most of the people that tell me this are White Folks.
 I even had a dude ask me what kind of facial cream I use to keep my skin so smooth.
 I have also been complimented on my skin tone. By White Folks women.

They act like that it is so damn amazing that my skin is so...well...cared for. I take pride in how I look. Which to me is common sense.
But I have to admit, most of the people that compliment me, are my age and they look it...if not older.
So I take what they say with a grain of salt.
I come from a long line of good genes. My Moms is 58 and looks 40..my Pops (before he died) was 57 and looked 40..My Grams is 81 and looks 60..My Big Pops is 85 and looks 60 and so on and so forth.

So to me looking "young" is normal.

 Matter of fact...I don't know any Black people that look their age.
We all look younger than we are. Unless a dummy is on that shit or they drink like whales.

From what I notice..most White folks try too damn hard to look younger than they are.
From wearing too much damn make-up...to laying out roasting in the damn sun..to botox and plastic surgery... to dressing younger than they should.

I don't get it. Take care of yourself...and yourself will take care of you..

That's how I see it anyways.

 And don't hate on me and mine because we 'look good for our age'.

That's just what that is Bytches!!

5 comments:

Reggie said...

Dude I will be 50 in 18 months. Everytime I say that out loud, I seem to look just a little older.

Josh said...

I've seen far too many Tommy Sotomayor videos to agree with that. I've seen far too many school girls 'round Maryland and northern VA with too much weave and too much makeup to agree. Maybe that "looking younger" thing doesn't start until 20-something and out of school. But if I see young girls, I couldn't tell you if they were on their way to middle school, high school or what.

I know a couple of black guys who look young. They're my age, 30s, and look like they did when we were 20-somethings coming up. But that surely isn't universal. LeBron James looks like he shoulda retired in '07, and poor Greg Oden gets confused with somebody's grandpa.

Alieux (Daij) said...

Reggie, I share your pin. I always hear I look young, but only non-black people say it. We know we look younger than we are.
I love it when white peoples eyes get big when I tell them I'm 50 and they're convinced I look like I'm in my late 30s. Lets me know I did something right.


I like this blog entry!

Alieux (Daij) said...

Reggie, I share your pain. I always hear I look young, but only non-black people say it. We know we look younger than we are.
I love it when white people's eyes get big when I tell them I'm 50 and they're convinced I look like I'm in my late 30s. Lets me know I did something right.


I like this blog entry!

Brotha Wolf said...

I get that too, by people who are younger than I am and older folks. I also take it as compliment, but I get that from mostly black folks myself.