Monday, August 19, 2013

Don't call it a come back

I have been doing a lot of traveling lately.

My unit just got back from Australia, I was scheduled to be in Korea now; but I was taken off the list...I leave for Japan in a month and a month after that I head to the Philippines.

 So that is my excuse for not keeping up with my blog.
 Sure I could have updated it...but after 12 hour days..and 4 different time zones...well...need I say more?

 I have to say that I love my job. I should have done this years ago instead of staying in Dallas for so long. Don't get me wrong..I love Dallas and all and after I hang up my boots for good I'm moving back there. But as of right now..I have to say that I really love what I am doing.

 My wife still has not adjusted to the Pacific Northwest; but she is coming around slowly but surely. There is not a very big Black "presence" up here as compared to Dallas and that is a problem for her. But me... I can adapt to anything. I am a soldier damn it.

 There are two things that really bother me up here though...

 1. There is not a dedicated Black radio station up here.Even though I listen to everything from Rock to Classical..just the fact that I can not just switch channels to listen to whatever I am in the mood for, is that bullshit. There is a station that plays watered down "hip-hop"/pop and bubblegum ass "R&B"..but no good station. So I had to hook up Sirius/XM in my truck. Which I have to pay for by the way.


2. The way people drive up here is seriously making me want to just bust off a few rounds. It is driving me crazy. Traffic is insane. At all hours. It makes me not want to go anywhere. I get pissed off every damn day I have to get on Interstate 5...Which is every damn day. 60 miles a fucking hour! Seriously? That shit is killing me. In Dallas you drive 80/90 MPH or you get ran off the damn road. Here? Shit. These fools drive the fucking speed limit. They act like they are 80 years old taking a Sunday drive through the country. In Dallas, if there is a traffic jam, there is a reason for it. Here? It is backed up just to be backed the hell up. For no reason. Not nan reason. I got a ticket yesterday for doing a California stop at a stop sign...a block form my house! Where does that shit happen at? Ain't nobody got time for that bullshit.

 But other than that..this place ain't all bad. Seattle is nice. Tacoma is ghetto as hell but it is OK. I haven't made it to Portland or Canada yet..but it's coming as soon as all these international missions slow down for me.

 So to all my faithful readers..please be patient with me. I will continue to share my thoughts when I have a few moments to unwind but there might be a little time in between posts.

I'm just out here doing my part in keeping y'all safe..

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

3 comments:

Serenity Love Sincere Peace Earth said...

1. Tune in radio will take you to the station of your choice all over the world

2. You really mad that folks follow the rules of the road??? Really??? You are military. That ain't nothing but rules!!

Dirty Red said...

Serenity,
See that is the problem...I am Military..that is why I driving slow kills me. I need to move. I posted before that I am an adreniline junkie. And besides Military rules are more common sense. Civilain rules are stricter if you ask me. I'm just saying.

Reggie said...

Thank you for serving my brother!!