Sunday, September 20, 2015

I am not a Christian and I have no plans on becoming one

Dr. Ben Carson recently said that a Muslim American should never be considered as a candidate for the Presidency of the United States. He said it would go against the constitution.
I swear that these Republican candidates get dumber by the damn minute.
Rejecting a person based solely on his religion, is what is against the constitution. It is not only unconstitutional, it is against the law.
This country is not a Christian nation. It was never intended to be a Christian nation. It was supposed to be a nation built on religious freedom. Which means, if I choose to worship Barney the Purple Dinosaur, I am free to do so. And I would also be free to run for President if I chose to do so.
I know that Muslims get a bad rap across the globe. Most of it is understandable.

But......
If you want to compare atrocities committed by religious fanatics..... I believe Christianity is one of the top offenders....and here are a few of the most recent.

The extermination of the Natives from this land was done by Christians.
Enslaving African peoples.
The Holocaust.Yes, Hitler called himself a practicing Christian.
The Bosnian Genocide
The KLU KLUX KLAN.
Jim Crowe Laws in the south.
All of this was done and was approved by Christians.

So for anyone to say that a religion other than Christianity could never be President of a country that was founded on religious freedom...Is a Gatdamn Hypocrite.

No comments: